Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 27th, 2013 08:00

Inspiron 15z, VERY BAD SERVICE. PERIOD!

Like many others, I am very fed up with Dell customer service, and Dell in general.  I really hope reads this post, as I am at the point where I will no longer purchase from Dell again!  First, I purchase a Dell XPS 15z for my son in Febrauary of 2010. Great computer!  Highly recommended!  In June of this year, the PC suffered a display failure which required me sending in the computer for replacement and repair. No problem yet. I talked to the service technician, and informed him to make the PC like new.  He assured me he would. I spent almost $400 to have the PC cleaned up and made like new. Upon its return to me, there was a key missing off the keyboard. Not that it was critical, but its now been a month, and the battery has now failed. After 6 phone calls to Dell, I was informed that the battery was not part of the service call. So, I spent $400 for a new motherboard and display. Now I have to spend an additional $150 for a battery. For $550, I could have purchased a new PC! What is really upsetting is that I was told the PC would be made like NEW. Gee, 4 weeks worth of service, and a bad battery? Not new to me. Then, to top it off, I never got a receipt for the work. I made 4 phone calls to Dell in an attempt to get a receipt. After spending 4 hours on the phone, I finally yelled at a CSR to send me the receipt. This person made it difficult wanted to insure I was the right person. My e-mail address was on file, she new my name, my address, but yet she had some reason for not sending a receipt? Total waste of time! Now, I went on line to purchase a new battery for the XPS 15Z. Guess what? Batteries cannot be purchased on line. So, 4 phone calls later, I know get a battery on order. I am willing to bet that I DO NOT geta receipt! ll.  Here is what you need to do, make your website so that if it has the Dell name on it, you can purchase it. All parts should be available for a period of at least 5-7 years after discontinueation. When someone orders something, then insure a receipt is in the box, and one is sent via e-mail / fax or special delivery. You run a customer base business. Insure your customers are happy. Yes. I am very upset. After spending a total of about 15 hours on the phone and $550. I know I will still be unhappy. What really hurts is that I cannot get my United one pass miles for this type of purchase. So, there goes my trip to Cancun to relax! So Dell. You want to make this right? Give me my $1100 frequent flyer miles, and appologize!

December 5th, 2013 06:00

Well, here it is, 4 months later. No one from Dell has contacted me.  So, I called them (Dell).  Could not get anywhaere without my service tag number. Another total waste of time. Come on Dell, you know who I am, you should have records of everything I purchased, and you can't tell me my service tag number? Kind of hard when you are not in front of the computer. So, I will now wait another 3 days until I get home and call. Once again.  YOU JUST DONT CARE!

December 5th, 2013 07:00

Okay.  I had my 15z worked on by Dell.  I wanted it like new.  The battery worked fine when I sent it in, but when it was returned, the computer will not charge the battery.  I was told by Dell that the battery needed to be replaced, so I did that.  Still getting the same problem.  Laptop will not run off the battery.  What am I to do at this point.  No one seems to be able to direct me in the right spot.  Please help!

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

December 5th, 2013 08:00

I am sorry to read that you have had such a poor experience with the out of warranty repair that you purchased for your notebook.  I may be able to help.

Has the notebook given any errors regarding either the battery or the AC adapter since getting the system back from the depot?  If you haven't checked yet turn on the notebook while tapping the F2 key to enter the BIOS.  Once in the BIOS select the advanced tab and look for adapter errors, and charger behavior and if present make sure that both are enabled. Save the changes in the BIOS and restart. Does the system give any errors now?

Please let me know what you find out. I have also sent you a friend request so that I can get the information on the system.

TB

No Events found!