Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 15th, 2017 21:00

Inspiron 17 7737 Touch screen suddenly stopped working...

So out of nowhere, my 7737's touch screen has stopped responding to touch.  Mouse works just fine.  Device manager has the monitor driver listed as a "generic PnP monitor", which sounds suspicious... and under Human Interface drivers, there is nothing listed for touchscreens, just airplane mode ***...  I have restarted, driver updated, etc. to no avail.  Any ideas?

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

April 16th, 2017 10:00

:emotion-2:

Please open Device Manager, expand Human Interface Devices. At device manager taskbar, click 'Action', and then Scan For Hardware Changes. Hopefully Touchscreen is working now.

If the step didn't fix the touch screen, I'd suggest you power off the system, remove AC adapter, and then remove all peripherals - Printer, scanner, flash drive, cell phone, etc...). Please wait about 15 minutes, replace adapter, and then power on system. Hopefully touch screen works now.

If touch screen still isn't fix, I suggest you run System Restore tool on the system to go back to a earlier time before the touch screen problem occurred. Type Create A Restore Point onto [Cortana] search box, System Restore, and then Next, see image below:

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

April 16th, 2017 11:00

After Next,

No Events found!