Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 22nd, 2015 05:00

Inspiron 17 (n7010) no network connection after win 7 reinstall

I needed to reinstall win 7 --after the install the system says no network hardware installed, I went to the dell site on another computer, downloaded ALL the suggested drivers for my Service tag, installed them and still not able to connect to internet, still says no network hardware detected - what do I do now???

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

January 22nd, 2015 06:00

3 Posts

January 25th, 2015 09:00

Thanks for the Article -- I did have the article and I believed I followed the correct sequence -- I did it again none the less 

Now -- I have access to the internet,  but by direct cable connection only,

I have gone to the Dell Support site now - have rescanned the computer drivers and recieved notice that drivers - R252544,  R255577, and R285030, all need updating,  I went -- deleted the hard drive files , and reloaded them  each with a restart after each driver was completed installing - after rescanning the system again, it still reports that these drivers need to be updated.  Still the wireless networking does not work, the Bluetooh adapter says it is on.

I'm sure there is something really simple here I'm missing - but for the life of me I'm missing it

I really would like to get the wireless working - but as long as I can get connected to the internet, I can survive this inconvience

January 25th, 2015 09:00

Had same problem last month with W8.1. Replaced the wireless mini-card but no joy. Looked at the router log and saw my MAC address received but did not receive the IP address. Problem occurred overnight. Had to disable the Windows Firewall, now can wirelessly connect to the internet. Try that.

2.4K Posts

January 25th, 2015 10:00

If you go into Control Panel, Device Manger and look under network adapters is the wireless adapter listed there. 

Is it installed correctly with no ! or X marks. Is it enabled.

Have you replaced your wireless card in the process.

If you disable security on you Router are you able to connect?

No Events found!