Inspiron 17 - very slow, HD hovers 95% of the time
I have an Inspiron 17, purchased about February 2014, so like 18 months old.
It is extremely slow - starting up, logging in, starting Windows...you name it. Starting Chrome can take a minute.
I start Task Manager to see what's up, and it says the HDD is at 95%+ for the first 10-15 minutes of use - or after logging in. The thing is, the total numbers don't add up to much - sometimes less than 1MB/s, in 0.1 MB/s increments. Dropbox seems to be a culprit, as does Microsoft Search Indexer.
- Run several anti-malware programs
- Scanned for viruses
- Run the Iolo system checkup that Dell offers
- Run the Dell System Detect diagnostics
- Ran CrystalDiskMark (a HDD benchmarking app)
- Disabled anything I don't need running on startup
Still slow as a dog.
I was hoping I could compare notes with others who have similar setups, to try and see whether it's just a slow computer or there's something wrong with this one.
It's under warranty, so I'd like to get it resolved.