Laptops General - Read Only

Last reply by 10-23-2012 Unsolved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Inspiron 1721 Goes into sleep mode while typing

My Dell Inspiron 1721 has developed a really fun problem. While typing (on the left side of the keyboard) the computer goes into sleep mode. I went into the control panel and changed the settings so it never goes into sleep mode. So now it flashes to a black screen and the cycles back to the screen that I was on. Figuring that this had to be a keyboard problem I ordered and installed a new keyboard. No change! One suggestion was to disable in the Bios any setting that would put the computer into sleep mode. I did not  find any setting that would change the sleep mode. So that was no help. Anyone have any thoughts??

Replies (5)

Hi Bear6201,

Welcome to the Community. Very strange issue, I would look at updating the Bios, you can use the below link to update it.

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&releaseid=R184567&Syst...

Thank you

Royan

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Royan

Thanks for the information.

I followed your link and updated the BIOS.

My gremlin persists!! It is just like you said a really strange problem. Thanks for trying!! 

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

interesting as i have the same problem with my Inspiron N5110, any suggestions?

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

I also have the same problem with my N5110 laptop screen fading to black even while I am typing.  Sometimes it doesn't happen for days then it will occur 10 times in 15 minutes.  At t he suggestion of Dell Support  I have downloaded BIOS and Quickest, with neither fixing the problem.  Any suggestions before I initiate a formal service request?  PS The screen went black 5 times while typing this!  HELP !

3 Zinc

if you type with external keyboard, is there any problem?

Dell Vostro 3550 - i5 - 2410M - AMD Radeon HD 7650M - 8GB DD3 RAM - 500GB 7200 RPM - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

I can fly with this model.

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor