Highlighted
kiya1220
1 Copper

Inspiron 1721 turns itself off while booting up

Tonight, I left the room to get a snack, which I have done a hundred times before. I came back to find that the screen of my laptop was black but still backlit, and the computer was still running. (It was plugged in at the time.) It was unresponsive to keys, clicking, or CTRL ALT DEL. I turned it off and tried to turn it back on; it started to, but after five seconds, immediately turned itself back off. The screen doesn't even light up-- that's how quickly it turns itself back off. It keeps doing this, and I've tried it with the current battery, the new battery I ordered as a precaution, plugged in and not plugged in. There's nothing in the troubleshooting that speaks to this issue. My dad thinks it's the power source or that there is a faulty switch inside. I had a 2 year warranty and I purchased the computer in June of 2008, but Dell judges the warranty as expired because the computer was shipped in April of 2008 so I can't contact them without being charged. (Still doesn't make sense.) If you have any ideas, please let me know.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: Inspiron 1721 turns itself off while booting up

The motherboard needs to be replaced!

0 Kudos