Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 28th, 2012 07:00

Inspiron 1750 - Hard Drive Crash (Windows 7)

The hard drive crashed on my Inspiron 1750. We purchased this laptop in 2009 with Windows 7 OS. I am trying to find a link/section on Dell site to purchase replacement Microsoft Windows 7 OS CD/DVD for my system, but so far not successful. I did not create backup OS CD/DVD when I purchased, I thought I did. Can any one point/help me....?

Thank you.

3.3K Posts

December 29th, 2012 21:00

Hi del-less,

I regret for the delay in response.

I am replying on behalf of DELL-Priyanka_S. I have created the dispatch on the basis of the private message which you have sent to DELL-Priyanka_S. Do not worry about the information as this is confidential.

I have sent you a private message with the dispatch number.

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

December 31st, 2012 12:00

DataSafe is gone once you have a new hard drive and manual installation.

1 Message

December 28th, 2012 08:00

We have had problems with our Dell XPS laptop after only a couple of months. It started with the Blue Screen and after having to buy Solution Station OnCall Help Plan for £119.00, we were told they had fixed it. They didn't fix it as we got the Blue Screen back, the only thing you can do is to turn the computer off and on again. We keep getting messages onscreen to say 'Dell Safety Back Up Has Started With Problems'. Thanks for that, but it doesn't say what the problems are.

Then, for no reason we started getting the screen fading, along with the occasional Blue Screen. We were told by the Solution Station guys that we had to purchase a further support, a Ticket for 113.90 euro in order for them to assist us. We purchased the Ticket, only to be told, eventually, that there was a problem with the laptop, not the software after all. A member of the Technical Support team actually gave us a telephone number in ENGLAND not India !! but, there is no such number.

We sent letters, by registered post, to Dell Head Office in England and Ireland. We have emailed them. We have heard absolutely nothing back from them.  We are totally disgusted with Dell, their lack of decency, lack of support and lack of anyone to speak to in England.

We cannot stress strongly enough to anyone thinking of buying any Dell products, DON'T DO IT.

December 28th, 2012 09:00

Hi del-less,

To assist you better please provide me with the system Service Tag in a private message, so that I can check your system details and see what best I can do for you.

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag and contact details so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

Please reply to my private message.

Thanks and Regards
Priyanka S
#iworkfordell

11 Posts

December 28th, 2012 09:00

hi,

thanks for your response..I am sending you a msg with service tag and code numbers...

11 Posts

December 28th, 2012 15:00

I thought you were gonna look into.....is there anyone else that could help me get an answer or direct me to the right place or people to solve this issue? thank you

11 Posts

December 29th, 2012 05:00

where can I escalate this issue to? any other dell tech/mod in this forum that can take over? thank you

11 Posts

December 29th, 2012 07:00

hi,

Seriously? I see there is a mod Dell Appu S replying to all posts but mine? all I need to know is where can I can purchase the my OS cd for my Dell system? I tried to find it on Dell site but no luck

Can Dell Appu S help me? or do I need to wait until Dell-Priyanka comes back from her/his 2 day weekend break?

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

December 30th, 2012 08:00

11 Posts

December 30th, 2012 09:00

Thanks guys, thanks Rajesh R, you are a true professional, quick question though how do I track that dispatch # ? I checked my actual account and don't see a way to track it....thank you

11 Posts

December 31st, 2012 12:00

ok....no word on that......final question....the old HD had Datasate basics on....how do I make sure the new blank drive that I am about to set up ---and install the Windows OS on when I receive it from Dell---might also have datasafe basic on????....or is it completely lost???...I mean it's a feature the laptop came with...how do I get it back on the new HD.....thank you.......

11 Posts

January 1st, 2013 18:00

that's a bummer....on the bright side I'll have the CD now..thanks

1 Message

April 18th, 2013 17:00

I have the same problem with my inspiron 1440, purchased in Dec 2009 with windows 7 OS. Windows applications like word, Windows explorer, even opening the control panel takes 10 minutes to open. Battery was changed in Summer of 2012.  It crashes frequently in the last week, could not even complete a whole document without it crashing.  It goes to a blackscreen with options to re-start " Start with command pormpt, start with networking and command prompt, start windows normally"  it restarts but goes back to the same thing of "crash dump......."

How do I fix

November 15th, 2014 08:00

Hi, I am having this same problem. I've had various error messages....internal hard drive disk not found; no bootable devices; start up repair finds no solution..... I have reseated the hard drive several times. Sometimes this solves the problem, however, the computer runs extremely slow. Dell Data Safe had recommended replacing the hard drive ''couple of months" ago. Any suggestions?

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

November 15th, 2014 19:00

Dell DataSafe is obsolete now replaced by Dell Backup and Recovery.

The first thing you need to do is run the F12 preboot diagnostics with any extended test

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/f12-preboot-diagnostics/

Likely you will get an error message and have to replace your hard drive. Post your model, version of Windows and any error codes.

No Events found!