Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Z

December 10th, 2015 17:00

Inspiron 17R 5737 - Volume increases by itself

Hi there,

after upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 I am experiencing automatic volume change (increase) when for example I play youtube playlist (volume increases during pause between two videos).

If I lower down volume using keyboard shortcuts it decreases immediately and then it is as it should be.

This happens on all browsers (Chrome, Firefox and Edge) Dell update doesn't find new audio drivers.

Any help would be appreciated!

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

December 11th, 2015 15:00

I haven’t dealt with a problem like this before, do you notice the same type of problem playing other playlists, if possible try a different media player and see if you have the same problems, if you have a CD lying around see if the same occurs playing multiple songs, try to find out if it is just viewing YouTube or with everything.

Check the audio settings, right click on the speaker icon choose playback devices, select the playback device, click properties, click the enhancements tab and check “disable all enhancements”.  Click the advanced tab and uncheck both “allow applications to take exclusive control of this device” and “Give exclusive applications priority. Play around with these settings and see if they help.

TB

6 Posts

December 11th, 2015 15:00

Thank you for response.
I also experienced those volume jumps when played playlists on dailymotion and nba.
Usually happens between two videos or when video is stopped for few second (for example loading).

This happens on all browsers. This also happens in windows media player. For example it starts playing file louder than it should.

Two days ago I tried different audio settings (unchecked both “allow applications to take exclusive control of this device” and “Give exclusive applications priority") but it didn't help.

One thing, I don't have “disable all enhancements” option on enhancements tab. these are all options I have:

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

December 14th, 2015 07:00

You tried most of the standard Windows tips that I know.  Looking at your photo, did you try unchecking Immediate mode and see if that made a difference?  Is it specifically video files that you have the problem, do you notice it playing audio files?

You can try Microsoft's troubleshooter here for further help.

I also like this troubleshooter from Digital Trends, you may want to try switching to the generic High Definition audio device that the article mentions and see if that makes a difference.

TB

No Events found!