Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 15th, 2013 04:00

Inspiron 17R SE Laptop Arrived Defective!

I just got my new Dell Inspiron 17R SE laptop after 2 weeks of waiting, but it is defective & Dell will not allow me to return it! I live in Switzerland, and the box was not damaged in transit by UPS. On switching on the machine after 3m it died, as the battery power ran out.

The power supply unit works (I tested it on my XPS 15), but it does not power the Inspiron, nor charge the battery. I suspect that the motherboard is defective, and that the machine was not tested at all prior to shipping! I have had other Dell's that have had problems with either the PSU, the connector on the machine &/or the battery.

I am told that the machine has to be repaired in place, but have some trouble getting the service technician to arrive. I find it strange that Dell can deliver a defective machine yet refuse to take it back for replacement.

In addition, the power cable supplied (from China) was not correct for Switzerland, nor was there a W8 Reinstallation DVD as I had requested. I wonder if any other 17R users have had power supply problems?

12 Posts

February 18th, 2013 06:00

MotherBorad was replaced, but there were still BIOS issues (A11).

27 Posts

February 18th, 2013 12:00

latest is a12

1 Message

August 20th, 2014 14:00

My Inspirion 17 is also defective after less than 3 months. They've had me talking to customer service for 2 hours today and sending me a new motherboard, I guess this has been happening often.

What a piece of junk.

12 Posts

August 20th, 2014 14:00

After my replacement things have been working well for over a year, I guess the QC is just poor.

No Events found!