andreab97
1 Copper

Inspiron 17r (N7010) Screen goes black intermittently

Hello group.  Since we have received this laptop the screen will intermitently go black.  The only way to get things back up is to do a hard reboot.  You can see that things are processing (lights flashing), but nothing will get the screen to come back on.  Does anyone have any advice.  Is this a hardware issue or something failing with the video card.  It is VERY frustrating and causes me to sometimes lose work.  Not good.  Please let me know if more details are needed.

Thanks! ~andrea

0 Kudos
3 Replies
An_old_dude
1 Copper

Re: Inspiron 17r (N7010) Screen goes black intermittently

I also have a similar issue - not as severe. But I noticed that every 30 min or so the screen blinks black - I bought this laptop a week ago. Also I use my laptop connected to a second monitor. When it blinks, both monitors blinks. I tried different monitors and cables but the same keep happening.

0 Kudos
stgibson76
1 Copper

Hello. It disappoints me to see that you asked this question about a whole year ago and their has been no answer. I have a dell inspiron 17r and I have what seems to be the same problem.

The computer feels like its on, the lights are blinking, you hear the hard drive going, and the screen looks on but just showing a black display. This happens intermittently when I'm loading any kind of program or waking it from hibernate.The only fix is to hold the power down until the computer shuts off then reboot. Or close the lid and open it back up again. This happens too often!!!

I should have returned it immediately since this has honestly happened since the day I bought it. But everything else was so great (especially the deal we had) so regretfully I kept it.

Anyways, have you received any help or had any luck with this issue? Please let me know. Thanks.

Stephen

0 Kudos
Highlighted
dbagby3
1 Copper

I am having the same issue but my screen on blinks for only a brief second.  Such as when I'm installing a new program and it switches to that "User Allow" screen.  It's very brief.  Have any of you taken yours somewhere to have it looked at?

0 Kudos