Jump to solution

Thank you!! Perfect...

Dell, are you listening? 

0 Kudos
Aerodude
2 Bronze

RE: Inspiron 17r SE Freeze/Buzz

Jump to solution

Thanks so much.  I had the same problem, beginning on my 2 year old 17R two weeks ago as well, and I also thought it was a Windows update.   

I was up 'til 05;00 this morning, changing around drivers, turning off programs and services....but hadn't gotten to the DELL stuff....who woulda thought?

I uninstalled the "new" Dell Support Assist Agent....and presto...no more PROBLEM!!!

You saved me a LOT of pulled out hair and sleep.

Thanks again.

View solution in original post

kellkerrick
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

My XPS15 L502X has been experiencing audio stuttering the past couple of days. I tried reinstalling/updating drivers to no avail. Finally, out of desperation, I tried googling "xps15 stuttering" instead of "xps15 audio stuttering". What a difference just one word makes.  Indirectly lead me to this thread, which is a god send. So just chiming in to confirm that uninstalling "SupportAssist Agent" works. No more stuttering, yay!

Thanks a million!

P.S: I actually uninstalled both "SupportAssist" and "SupportAssist Agent". Don't know if this makes any difference.

0 Kudos
lorenwillis
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Hi, 

I have to same thing. But how do i uninstall the support assist? 

I can't find it. (I have a inspiron 7720)

Thanks 

0 Kudos
woodshed74
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

What version of Windows are you running?

0 Kudos
imoskii
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Hi guys, I have tried to fix the issue as well but uninstalling both Dell SupportAssistant and the DellSupportAssistant Agent didn't work-- I'm still having audio issues with buzzing and stuttering sounds during audio playback. I don't know what to do. I have uninstalled the support applications yet the problem still persists. 

0 Kudos
Aerodude
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

I am running Windows 8.1.     To uninstall Dell Support Assistant Agent, right click on the "Windows" symbol at the left of your 'Tray" on the Screen, select the top item, which should be "Programs and Features", then right click on "Dell support Assistant Agent"...and select "uninstall"  That;s it.

0 Kudos
JjeremyW
2 Bronze

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
MVOC
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

100% this is the resolution. On 2/11 installed the latest Dell Support Assist Agent and had the exact same buzzing/freezing issue as reported in this thread's posts. Went down the same "it must be due to a MSFT update" path, replaced drivers, etc. 

After reading this thread today, uninstalled Dell Support Assist Agent only and... problem is SOLVED.

Inspiron 17R. Dell, are you listening? This is the answer to the problem detailed in this thread.

gprichard_-.
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Hi

I've never responded to one of these before, but I am moved to say how grateful I am.  You have saved me HOURS.  And how bad the silence from Dell has been. It's obviously a general problem. Uninstalling just Support Assist Agent does the trick with nothing else.  Good work there. That's clever research.  Thank you.  It's only 26 MB I see, not like the full Support Assist which is 196MB and may be doing something useful..

The problem I found was watching movies, the audio buzzed and skipped and got out of sync with the video content, making the film unwatchable. I've lost a couple of download iTunes  rentals this way.  A pain and an expense.

I was just about to desert and get a Mac... fed up with Windows / Dell issues

Thanks

0 Kudos