Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 28th, 2013 12:00

Inspiron 17r se 7720. backlit keyboard

Is it possible to replace my keyboard with the backlit version?

27 Posts

March 16th, 2013 14:00

please explain how i send a private message

943 Posts

March 16th, 2013 15:00

Hi phogie

Please click on my name highlighted in blue. On the next page, click the envelope icon and provide the system’s Service Tag and contact information so I may access to your system records.

Thanks & Regards
Prateek K
#iworkfordell

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

2 Posts

April 17th, 2013 01:00

I too thought i was getting a backlit keyboard with my order, please send me the link for information on how to get one for my dell 7720.  The non lit keyboard is very frustrating at times.

I am uk based, thanks.

943 Posts

April 17th, 2013 13:00

Hi abusul

Thanks for providing system information, I have sent you a private message please check that.

Please reply me if you need any further help.

Thanks & Regards
Prateek K
#iworkfordell

2 Posts

May 13th, 2013 04:00

so instead to have backlit keyboard i must buy it?

11 Posts

i suspect you will find like the rest of us that the very poor marketing from dell has made you think you were getting a back lit keyboard when you were not, you will have to contact dell sales and buy one.

2 Posts

Dear Dell

I've bought 7720 laptop 1 month ago. I have problem with keyboard backlit.

since then i search for fix or anything so my keywboard to work but no success..

My laptop is recognized Inspiron 17R SE 7720 .Is that laptop have keyboard backlit.

in mobile centre there is no option for keyboard backlit.

please help.

2 Posts

May 13th, 2013 05:00

Although you may get a good price from DELL to upgrade if you purchased the system from them and didn't get an outlet system.

I bought an outlet system so would have had to pay full price £69 from dell, I think I'd have to get them to fit it for me too ( or warranty would be shot ) not sure as when they said £69, i said that's more than 10% of what i paid for the outlet system !!

I'm guessing if it wasn't an out let system you may be cut a deal via a private message from one of their reps.

Best of luck :emotion-5:

11 Posts

May 13th, 2013 05:00

yes

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

July 2nd, 2013 08:00

Hi nmos,

Dell Inspiron 17r se 7720 by default is shipped with a Chiclet style backlit keyboard. Press Fn + F6 once to turn on the keyboard back light. Press Fn + F6 second time to decrease the brightness of the keyboard back light and pressing Fn + F6 for the third time turns off the keyboard back light. Do let me know if you have different Dell model.

1 Message

July 2nd, 2013 08:00

Please can you send me the price of backlight keyboard ? and tell me how can i buy it?

thanks

11 Posts

July 2nd, 2013 09:00

no its not, loads of us have not got one and when we question it we are told ours did not have it and we have to buy it.

9 Posts

July 2nd, 2013 09:00

What Vince said, the 17r se 7720 does NOT ship with a backlit keyboard by default.  It's an option.  However I was never given the option to specify it when I ordered mine and when I called to complain, was told that I had apparently selected a fast deliver pre-built model, and I should have used the full configurator.  Even knowing this, going back to the website, I couldn't work out how to order one with a backlit keyboard.

29 Posts

February 21st, 2014 06:00

I too would like a link to where i could purchase the UK backlit keyboard.

my service tag is <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed as per privacy policy>

4 Posts

March 27th, 2014 16:00

Hi Prateek

Is it possible to connect backlit keyboard to non-backlit Dell 17R SE?

I've got UK model.

Is it possible to buy it directly from Dell?

Many thanks,

Alex

No Events found!