Highlighted
4Sx2
1 Copper

Inspiron 2200 LCD Replaced

I just got a brand new replacement LCD (same brand, part number, etc) with a new inverter. I installed them and on first boot everything seemed washed out and the screen seemed to be in a very low resolution mode (reminiscent of the old ega days). When I got to the desktop and checked the display settings it was set to 1280x1024 32bit. I then used the function key and reduced the brightness control which removed the washed out appearance, but I am still left with a grainey low res look. It is almost as if every other vertical line is not being drawn.  My inclination is to believe the inverter is good and the gpu is good (excellent external picture) but just can't believe the new LCD is bad. Trust me when I say the installation was careful and meticulous. Wondering if it is the video cable or just my luck a bad new LCD. Thanks for any input. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
8 Xenon

Re: Inspiron 2200 LCD Replaced

If the new screen isn't identical (same Dell part number) to the original, is it one known to have shipped in your model of system? Notebook LCDs are not universally interchangeable - subtle differences in the part number can mean total incompatibility.

0 Kudos
4Sx2
1 Copper

Re: Inspiron 2200 LCD Replaced

The only difference I can see is that the original screen (same dell pn and same manufact model number) is that after the model number on the original it shows V1 and on the replacement it shows V2..

0 Kudos