Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 3rd, 2016 20:00

Inspiron 2305 AIO black screen after replacing processor

I removed a processor from a working 2305 installed it into a nonworking 2305. Now that computer is working but the one i removed it from will not after i purchased another processor and installed it... All I get is a black screen. The power button lights blue but I get no video. This is driving me nuts. I installed the same type amd  athlon processor..I get two beeps without ram. I have tried reseating hd, processor and all connections. The only change to this computr is the new processor and I have tested it and know it is ok. hd and cd/dvd drive spins up. Alll usb and hdmi slots are working. These 2305s don't have video out , so i can't test with external monitor, Any help appreciated. 

1.2K Posts

February 3rd, 2016 21:00

Hi,

Based on the information given we confirm the following details,

*Both old and new proc's work fine on the other system so it is confirmed that the processor's are working fine.

*Now install the old processor on the original system to see if the original system works fine. If it is then while you are installing the new processor then you are missing something where there is lack of connection.

Hoping this helps, but then if there are any concerns do reply to this post along with the system tag and part no of the new processor. Also note that from Dell we wouldn't recommend change of processor since its a trick and difficult process which involves to be done  utmost care ,voids the warranty on the system.

Regards,

11 Posts

February 4th, 2016 06:00

System tags are 4zsz2p1 and 8d6z2p1. New processor is AMD athlon 11  x64 610e 2.40 ghz quad core. I have rechecked connections and cleared bios by switching jumper pins.

1.2K Posts

February 5th, 2016 19:00

Hi,

I am looking at this case ,kindly give me some more time while I get back to you with a solution.

Regards,

11 Posts

February 6th, 2016 16:00

Thanks, a solution appreciated.

1.2K Posts

February 8th, 2016 09:00

Hi @Tommy29204,

If both the processor's work on a different system then the slot on the system board could be faulty. Also we see that both the system's are out of the warranty period so we can assist you with an out of warranty quotation for system board or alternatively you may purchase the system board from a local dell vendor.

Regards,

11 Posts

February 8th, 2016 09:00

Thanks for your replies everyone. I now have the black screen problem solved. I installed the original dual core processor and it solved the black screen issue. Only thing now is the cd/dvd drive is not showing up in bios or device manager. Its getting power because it will light up, spin the disks, and eject. Any suggestions?

11 Posts

February 8th, 2016 19:00

I have looked at past posts about missing cd/dvd drive in the Inspiron all in one. Seems its been a problem for years. Has anyone found a solution. Its like a ghost drive. Just today I powered up and the drive showed up in my computer and device manager. I quickly set a restore point, went into another room to get a dvd disk to backup my system. In less than 5 minutes the cd/dvd drive was missing again from my computer and device manager.

1.2K Posts

February 9th, 2016 11:00

Hi ,

Kindly forward the service tag of the system via  private message so that we can check the details of the system.

Regards,

11 Posts

February 14th, 2016 09:00

I bought a external drive and it works fine.

1.2K Posts

February 15th, 2016 08:00

Hi,

Glad the issue is sorted and thank you for sharing the  solution with us.

Regards,

No Events found!