Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 3rd, 2016 07:00

Inspiron 3452 touchscreen

Hi Has anyone experienced touchscreen failure ? I emailed dell and they provided solutions via email which I did all of them with no success. Before calling them I wanted to see if anyone had this problem and it was resolved without returning the computer for service. Thank you in advance

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

August 3rd, 2016 17:00

:emotion-2:

I'd suggest you update touchscreen driver in Device Manager.(I'm assuming windows 10 or 8.1 is on the system). Type device manager control panel onto [Cortana] search bar, stroll down to Human Interface Devices and then expand it. Right click the touchscreen driver and then update it. After update then restart your system. Hopefully touchscreen works normally.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

Lastly.....:emotion-2:

Go to device manager and Human interface devices again, right click on "USB input devices", click on properties, and then power management. Unclick the box "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

:emotion-2:

If update doesn't fix the problem then I'd suggest you roll back touchscreen driver or uninstall/reinstall the driver.Go to Device Manager, Human Interface Devices, right click touchscreen driver,and then uninstall it. On the Device Manager taskbar, click on Action, and then Scan For Hardware Changes.

To roll back driver, right click touchscreen, and then click Properties.

2 Posts

August 3rd, 2016 18:00

Thanks LSUFAN 51. I have to charge the computer tonight and will try your suggestions tomorrow. I will keep you posted on my progress. thanks for taking the time to answer my post.

Rob

No Events found!