Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 16th, 2014 02:00

Inspiron 3521 wifi+bluetooth not working

Hello,

I have a dell inspiron laptop which I manually updated to windows 8.1 .

I have been trying to install the wifi+bluetooth driver from the dell website in my laptop but each time, there is some error or the other. Most often, it says 'activate bluetooth using wireless switch', which, when i do, still doesn't solve the problem. I also have this little green exclamation mark on my 'network controller' driver in the device manager list.

As a result, i havent been able to use either the wifi or bluetooth on my laptop. 

the hardware ids for the network controller are -

PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&SUBSYS_020C1028&REV_01

PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&SUBSYS_020C1028

PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&CC_028000

PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&CC_0280

The bluetooth driver expands to three other things, one of which is 'generic bluetooth adapter'.

I would really appreciate any help possible. 

1 Message

November 2nd, 2014 02:00

I have exactly the same problem. Did you find the solution?

2 Posts

November 2nd, 2014 08:00

Hi,

The problem sorted out soon after I posted this query, which was quite a while ago so I don't remember the exact details of what I did. But I am quite sure that the problem was that I hadn't cleanly uninstalled the  previous version of the bluetooth, network driver. Once I completely uninstalled the previous drivers for network and bluetooth and restarted my laptop and then installed the latest drivers from Dell's website (making sure to choose the version for windows 8.1) the problem sorted. 

No Events found!