Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 2nd, 2017 09:00

Inspiron 3537 stuck on DELL logo! PLEASE HELP!

My Dell Inspiron 3537, running windows 10 uefi in wd ssd is stuck on the dell logo while booting. The circle of dots doesn't appear under the dell logo and windows doesn't boot.

But when I press any button on the keyboard, the circle appears and windows loads instantaneously.

Somebody please tell me what's going on with it.

So peculiar and infuriatingly frustrating.

PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS. THANKS IN ADVANCE

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

February 2nd, 2017 11:00

I am not sure exactly where the boot in hanging in regard to Windows or just Bios boot.  You could turn on the boot log option is msconfig.exe and then, after having a boot which exhibited the condition, check the log to see if it shows some device not installing.

Others may recommend you run the diagnostics to see if they show anything.  I believe the F12 key during boot allows access.

532 Posts

February 2nd, 2017 14:00

Hi,

Welcome to our community.

We’ll try and assist you. We suggest you to set BIOS to defaults and then try booting the system.

Also, run through the hardware diagnostics to isolate issues between hardware and software. Click here to find the video with the steps to complete the diagnostics.

February 2nd, 2017 22:00

Thank you for your answer. I ran the diagnostics and got no errors. As for resetting defaults in bios, nothing happens when I do that. The BIOS remains exactly as I left it(in the same settings). The settings doesn't change when I reset defaults.

February 2nd, 2017 22:00

Thank you for your answer. I'll try the boot log asap. Of course F12 works. I ran diagnostics and it gave no errors.

February 6th, 2017 12:00

Um.. Can I ask one dumb question please?

Where is the boot log located? I enabled it in msconfig but where is the actual log?

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

February 6th, 2017 12:00

It should be in the root directory or the Windows directory and starts with ntbtlog or something close.

No Events found!