Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 18th, 2015 02:00

Inspiron 3542 Wifi , Blutooth is not working..

Hello ! Today I bought a brand new laptop. It came with ubuntu OS, everything was working fine, but I've decided to install windows 8.1 on it. After I've installed windows my new laptop can't connect to the internet. At first I've thought that I might been having some issues with my router, but since other devices(laptops, cellphones) can access the internet in my house that doesn't seem to be the problem.

Shall Any one help me on this please...

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

May 18th, 2015 10:00

Hi narrapriya1,

Please punch in the system service tag or express service code from the link below. Then Click on System configuration tab and then Click on Components and find the wireless card of the system and then download the wireless card driver found under Network section.

http://dell.to/18r60nI

Also, Refer to the link below to install drivers in correct order for issue resolution.

http://dell.to/18LnbPL

May 24th, 2015 08:00

Hi Ravi,

I have downloaded the driver from the web site..

While installing time i am getting the Error: "Activate Bluetooth Using Wireless Switch " ..

I have license O S ,  but i don't know why this is happening..

371 Posts

May 26th, 2015 06:00

there are 2 somewhat recent network drivers for the 3542 laptop. use the older one. if ur getting msg about activating Bluetooth using wireless switch - ur trying to install the wrong one. i did the same thing, bcoz it was the newest and it mentioned our laptop model. but its not, there are 2 diff bluetooth cards for this model laptop. the older one for me installed fine and didnt give ask me to activate bluetooth switch.

Dell Wireless 1705 WiFi + Bluetooth Driver View details
Network_Driver_HP06Y_WN_10.0.0.276_A00.EXE | Update Package for Microsoft® Windows® (272 MB)
Network

July 17th, 2017 09:00

My laptop is Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series (3542). Wifi is not working. Am using this since last 5 months, it was working fine, but since last 2 weeks problem raised.

Drivers are installed but wifi is not working.

Please help me to solve this issue.

No Events found!