Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

H

April 20th, 2016 17:00

Inspiron 3543 WiFi Lockup

This new Inspiron 3543 had the hard drive replaced right off the bat. (About six weeks ago) Reinstalled Windows 10 and Windows 10 drivers from the Dell support website as listed for this laptop. This worked great for about one month, but after a difficult Windows Update session I started to see problems. I'll be online and the WiFi connection will be lost. When I attempt to reconnect to the WiFi network Windows freezes. Waiting does not help. I have to do a hard shutdown and restart the computer. Everything comes up fine, but it will do the same thing after a few hours online again. This has been going on for two weeks now.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

April 21st, 2016 09:00

' I'll be online and the WiFi connection will be lost. When I attempt to reconnect to the WiFi network Windows freezes."

:emotion-2:

Instead of attempting to reconnect WIFI, check the WIFI switch in settings. If switch off, turn on.

A) Click the windows logo at the left bottom of taskbar

B) Settings

C) Network & Internet

I also like to suggest you set the battery and "plugged in" to maximum performance in wireless adapter settings.

A) Power Options

B) "Change Plan Settings"

C) " Change Advanced Power Settings "

D) Wireless Adapter Settings

4 Posts

April 23rd, 2016 21:00

I have the same issue. I have two laptops one with touch screen one without. The one with the touch screen freezes after few minutes when connected to WiFi. Came with win 8, upgraded to 10 has the same issue. Upgrade BIOS to A7 and still freezes.  I swapped hard drive, memory, wifi module, run without battery .... nothing helped. I tried the max performance setting and still does not help. In my mind it cannot be a driver issues since the same driver works fine in the other laptop. It seem to me that the might be interference from the WiFi card. I will try minimum power and report back

4 Posts

April 26th, 2016 20:00

It did not work. Dell reset windows and reinstall all drivers. Still does not work. I am know trying a 2013 driver ....

It does not seem that Dell has a clear solution for this issue.

4 Posts

April 26th, 2016 20:00

That did not work either. It is not the card itself because I known good card and it still freezes. I do not have time for this ... back to Dell

1 Message

August 19th, 2016 21:00

I am/have been having the same issue with my Dell laptop.  Dell has replaced the hard drive, the wireless card twice and I have checked my settings based on the above and still having this problem, in fact it seems to be happening more frequently.  Any new suggestions on how to fix or how to get Dell to take care of it?

4 Posts

August 19th, 2016 23:00

I just replaced the Dell card with a RealTek RTL8188CEB8 Wifi Wireless+Bluetooth BT Half Mini PCI-E Card. The Bluetooth is 3.0 and it took a fresh Win10 install to get it working. Spend more than me ($5) and get a Intel card with wireless AC and BT 4.0 (about $20).

No Events found!