Highlighted
gualdora
1 Copper

Inspiron 3552 problem internal microphone

I, since a couple of day the microphone is not working.I've already tried to uninstall and re-install drivers but nothing change.looks like it's hw problem.The SO is windows 10, when I go to "recording devices" only appears "microphone - high definition audio device - not plugged" I've tried also enable/disable.I've also run the test on dell support service online and again no microphone is detected.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

RE: Inspiron 3552 problem internal microphone

Do you know if any changes was made to the system just prior to when the microphone stopped working?  If you have a good idea on the time it has stopped working you may want to consider running system restore just in case this is a registry issue and not a hardware issue. 

Barring software difficulties (restoring doesn't help) I will be shooting you a friendship request in case a service may be required. 

TB

Specialize in Laptops, Mobile Devices
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
Jose Ruiz A
1 Copper

Hello,

I have same troubles. After a reboot the headset is no longer detected and the internal mic does not work. Unfortunately I can't do a restore as I have saved the system config before the problem. My OS is Ubuntu 14.04, that is factory installed.

I have looked everywhere for solutions but I have not found any. I'll need some help with this issue.

Jose

0 Kudos

Jose,

This document may be of some help.  It goes over microphones using Ubuntu.  Please reply back if you continue to have problems. 

TB

#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
Jose Ruiz A
1 Copper

Hi,

The document you have sent did not sole my issue. I tried to turn on the mic but it didn't show any change. 

My mic was working properly before when I bought the laptop, but now it's not working any more. Also before when I plugged a headset a dialog opened up and ask if it was a headset or headphones. Now this dialog is not appearing. And I have not sound in the headset.

Jose 

0 Kudos

Jose,

I just sent you friendship request, I would like to get your information if in case it looks like a service may be required.  If you haven’t already I suggest contacting Canonical Support here and report back here with the results.  Once I have your information I will be able to research any possible service options if they are needed.

TB

#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos