Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 18th, 2017 08:00

Inspiron 3737 Display

My display has a 5 inch white transparent stripe down the middle and it's there from power up to power down.

Looks like I will have send this laptop back to Dell for repair.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

December 18th, 2017 08:00

Thank you for your message. We will be glad to assist you.

How long have you been having this issue? Has there been any recent software changes like game or antivirus installation or Windows updates?

Disconnect the power cord, remove the battery press & hold down the power button for 30 seconds, this will remove the static. Connect the battery & power cord, start the computer by tapping F2 to get into BIOS & check if the issue persists here.

Run a hardware diagnostic by following this link http://bit.ly/2fJuGXB & check if there is an error message listed.

Try connecting an external monitor if available & check you see the band.

Please click on my Dell username & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

4 Posts

December 18th, 2017 10:00

My CD ROM Drive doesn't show up on ePSA diagnostics and I'm having a problem with that as well. Maybe, if I get that fixed it my solve my display problem. The drive doesn't show up on computer and when I insert a DVD, it doesn't play.  It doesn't show up under main in BIOS either - Sata ODD not detected. The display problem came up two weeks ago and I noticed the CDROM drive wasn't working 3 days ago after I did a PC refresh back to factory defaults and tried to load some software.

I selected "Show files, folders and drives" after I couldn't find the drive.

No Events found!