Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 17th, 2017 12:00

Inspiron 3737 audio & fedora 25

Hi, good night, 

I'm having a little problem with sound over fedora 25, directly i have no sound with front speakers. It appears listed (and selected as default) with aplay:

http://pastebin.com/ZkNvrdp8

and if a pass an alsa-info.sh to obtain all info i obtain the next:

http://pastebin.com/45kAusGE

and i don't know what next to try... any idea will be welcome, thanks for read it.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

February 20th, 2017 03:00

I have run the test audio from diagnosis boot, no sound at all

If you can still get audio through the headphones jack, then the result of the test means that the speakers have failed, or have become disconnected. If the laptop is still under warranty, contact tech support to have it repaired.

Before contacting tech support about speaker failure, remove all music players from the laptop, except Windows Media Player. Otherwise, you could be denied service.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

February 17th, 2017 17:00

Hello. I don't have any experience with Linux, so I suggest that you post your question on our Linux discussion board, while waiting for someone else to answer you here.

Also, if you want to insert a screen shot into your post, please follow these steps.

10 Posts

February 20th, 2017 00:00

I have run the test audio from diagnosis boot, no sound at all... ideas?

10 Posts

March 3rd, 2017 10:00

The problem is that i with jack works, and right speaker (using speaker-test -c 2) i got noise from right speaker, but in bios is what i said, i don't ear any.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

March 3rd, 2017 17:00

If you don't hear sound through the speakers during the BIOS test, that test means that the speakers have failed, or have become disconnected.

If the laptop is still under warranty, contact tech support to have it repaired.

Before contacting tech support about speaker failure, remove all music players from the laptop, except Windows Media Player. Otherwise, you could be denied service.

If the laptop is no longer under warranty, you can open it up and check the speaker connection. Or you can replace the speakers if you want to. You can get step-by-step instructions by going to the Manuals section of the Inspiron 3737 support page. Get the one named "Owners Manual" -- it is actually a service manual that describes how to replace all the parts in the laptop. Click on "more languages" if you want it in a language other than English.

10 Posts

May 29th, 2017 01:00

The post has to be closed. After buy a new front speakers, and 2 hours the sound is now full working.

Thanks for your help and your patience.

Thanks a lot :)

No Events found!