Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

E

December 24th, 2014 13:00

Inspiron 5423

Hi guys new here, so I have 5423 i3 and recently I startef having a problem with which was that on almost every boot the screen would be distorted I.e vertical and horizontal lines would appear rainbow like distorted colours and although anything was barely visible I could make out that the screen ws divided into these four grids like appearence each acting like a seperate unit by itself AND along with this the laptop would make 8 beeps on boot until window load screen would appear.

When this problem first started I solved it by holding the laptop screen at an angle then powering it on or sometimes pressing the power button and closing the lid and after I would hear win startup sound I would open it and it would work fine, but now since a day or two ive tried every method amd nothing works, PLEASE HELP OUT

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

December 24th, 2014 14:00

Unplug the system, disconnect or remove the battery, and check the condition of the cable that runs between the mainboard and display panel - look for pinched or damaged wires or connectors (replace if damaged).  Disconnect and reconnect both ends of the cable (the mainboard end and the end that plugs in behind the screen, if it's accessible).  If the cable isn't the cause, the display panel likely needs to be replaced.

No Events found!