Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

MM

June 20th, 2016 11:00

Inspiron 5447 Battery Calibration is Way Off

I am running Windows 10 on my Inspiron 5447 and my battery time remaining is way off. While the percentage is correct the time remaining when fully charge is somewhere between 300 to 400 hours. If it really lasted this long I would not mind at all.

Does anyone know how to tell Windows 10 to recalibrate the time remaining?

I'm not interested in doing a Windows reinstall. There has to be some registry bit to change.

Thanks,

Mike

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

June 20th, 2016 15:00

Other than Windows itself Dell Quickset manages a lot of the battery utilities.  If you have not downloaded it yet you may do so here

TB

1 Message

June 22nd, 2016 08:00

Similar problem here - have QuickSet, can get into the Dell Power Manager, although there is nothing to change to set this -  battery life is at 37% (at the moment) but promises 278hr 50min life.

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

June 22nd, 2016 15:00

You can also look in the BIOS, press and hold the shift key while clicking restart and then choose BIOS.  Select the advanced tab and then battery charge configuration, You should have a choice between adaptive, standard, primary AC use, or custom.  Toggle between adaptive, standard or even primary AC use  and see if it makes a difference. 

TB

No Events found!