Kostas22
1 Copper

RE: Inspiron 5547 laptop pops open at the right side joint while closing

Jump to solution

Hi Guys,

I'm also having the same issue with my laptop and have troubles with dell's technical support. As they are asking me to pay for the screen replacement.

Dell refused to support it under basic warranty. 😞

What can I do ? Can anybody please provide me the case number where you got the laptop repaired from DELL without paying like 269$ 

Regards,

Rahul

Can you send this thread(as link to the Dell support) on the forum to prove your issue??? Or send a video were are you showing your problem( I have send a video to dell support and they accept to change the faulty parts, in warranty).

Hounddog777
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Same exact thing happened to me. This HAS to be a defect!!!!!

queicrkf
1 Copper

Jump to solution

All,

Apologies if it is not posted right way/right forum. But I came here searching for the problem being discussed here.

I am also facing same problem. It seems it is design flaw.

They changes part once on my laptop but again it has started giving same problem. ( In less than 3 months)

Not sure what is issue and if anyone from Dell is actually looking at our problem.

As some said they should recall this product.

My first Dell laptop may be my last.

Any other way Dell can listen to us?

queicrkf
1 Copper

Jump to solution

i Sent this thread to support center. lets see what do they say. I will keep posted in case of any new events...

Can we also open some Facebook page or post on dell face book page so as they take care of this?

queicrkf
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I have given them all details on their Facebook page including this thread but no response...seems they are just ignoring customers like us....I guess no more product from Dell any more....they logged my case but since then receiving status that they are checking with concern department...funny, Such a big company not able to resolve such a small issue....I guess it does not matter them much,

Highlighted
Manish Joshi
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Update from my side.

I submitted a complain to ***.org and within days dell representative started contacting me asking me to ship the laptop which I did and they fixed it and it did not cost me a dime. Before they were like you will have to pay for it, it's not covered, it's an accidental damage bla bla bla  and what not.

Once *** contacted them the tone changed and they did not even say a thing about the cost for the fix. For now the hinge is fixed no popping at all not sure how long it will last but thanks *** πŸ™‚

My suggestion contact ***.org submit your complain and see what happen, unless dell recalls the laptop on their own for the hinge problem then all this hassle would be solved.

Thanks

View solution in original post

queicrkf
1 Copper

Jump to solution

How do I send you (Manish) personal message to get details? Thanks

0 Kudos
Manish Joshi
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I doubt you can these posts are monitored by dell and I think they will remove personal information. You can give it a shot by posting your email or phone one I see that I will ping you, how about that.

Manish 

0 Kudos
Kostas22
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Can you send as the link where we can make our complain ???

Thanks

0 Kudos
Manish Joshi
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I had the link when I posted the update yesterday but dell changed it to XXX.org. I will try to put it over here and see if you could get it. This service is only available in US and Canada if you are outside of these 2 then you might be out of luck.

Manish

0 Kudos