Netwerx
1 Copper

Inspiron 5547 tries to boot to PXE options after Cloning

Laptop was already on latest BIOS A10.  Cloned using Macrium with the new and old (SATA) drives attached to a separate Windows 7 computer.  New drive is a Sandisk Extreme model SSD.  I've checked and reconnected the drive connector.  On first boot, I think I saw something flash up about something missing but it was fast.  Now it attempts to boot PXE V4, then 6.  I have to hit escape twice then it boots fine to new drive and appears to work normally.  I can hit F12 and pick the drive only option and it works but on next boot reverts to PXE default.  There are no boot options under UEFI boot of course.  LAN option is on or off.  There is no menu for boot order or boot devices in UEFI.  Tried setting default BIOS options.  Tried clearing drive security keys but it had never been set.  Laptop is Windows 8.1.  When I update BIOS, I didn't see it run a second ME (Intel Management firmware) update.  I wonder if there is NVRAM somewhere holding a boot setting for the old drive?  Is there a way to create a boot option for this and if so, what is the path info for it?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Netwerx
1 Copper

RE: Inspiron 5547 tries to boot to PXE options after Cloning

Anybody out there?

0 Kudos