Galya
2 Bronze

Inspiron 5558 problem with Intel HD graphics 5500 driver

Hi,

I have problem with my Intel HD graphics 5500 driver.

Some days ago my display started to show distorted objects when I scrolled down, so I updated my driver to the latest Intel's one. The updated drive caused problem with starting my Windows 7 64 bit. The Windows did not start at all.

So I uninstalled the Intel's driver and install this one from your site, which is recommended for my device. My Intel HD graphics 5500 driver does not recognize your driver at all.

How can I resolve this issues? 

0 Kudos
15 Replies
DELL-Ravi Ch

RE: Inspiron 5558 problem with Intel HD graphics 5500 driver

Hi Galya,

I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the video card driver completely. Then install the drivers from Dell website as these drivers are tested on the Dell system. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the video card.

1.                   Open the charms bar by moving the mouse to right top corner of the screen and inthe search box, Start typing devmgmt.msc and then press enter.

2.                  Select the Display adapters listed and right click on it.

3.                  Now select properties.

4.                  In the properties window, under Driver tab, click on Uninstall button.

5.                  Check “Delete the driver software for this device.”

6.                  You want to delete the driver click OK.

After the uninstall finishes restart the system. Then reinstall the Intel video card driver on the system for issue resolution. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, select the OS, then download the video card drivers from Video section onto the system and install it.

http://dell.to/18r60nI

Please let me know if this helps.

0 Kudos
Galya
2 Bronze

Thank you for your instructions!

I have tried these steps few days ago and they do not resolve the problem.

But I tried them again following your steps strictly. After installation of the driver from Dell site, the video card cannot recognize the driver, as I mentioned in the previous post above. Please check this screenshot.

Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
Galya
2 Bronze

Hi,

Since your suggestion does not resolve the problem, I installed a new fresh Windows 7 Professional. After that I installed the dell drivers through Dell System Detect. After restart, the system did not start again because of the Intell HD Graphics Driver. To start the system properly I have to disable the video controller or uninstall the driver in Safe mode.

Is there a known issue about the Intell HD Graphics driver?

If no, what could be the problem - hardware or software one, and how can be resolved?

0 Kudos
DELL-Ravi Ch

Galya, 

I would suggest you to install previous Dell version driver from the link : http://dell.to/2lnf7Dt

0 Kudos
Galya
2 Bronze

Hi,

I installed the driver that you suggested but it does not fix the problem. After system restart the Windows does not load properly.

0 Kudos
Hamza Yakub
2 Bronze

give this a try,

Google 'DriverPackSolution' and use this to install the drivers. You only need to have internet connection.

0 Kudos
DELL-Ravi Ch

Hi Galya,

Sorry for the delayed response. I would suggest you to follow the intial steps to uninstall the video card drivers from the device manager. Once the drivers are uninstalled. Please install Intel video card driver first and then install the Nvidia video card driver.

0 Kudos
Galya
2 Bronze

Hi Ravi,

I did the same as you wrote but it does not help. After restart and on Windows start up the blue screen for hardware or software error is displayed and the system is restarted again. So the Windows cannot start at all.

0 Kudos
Hamza Yakub
2 Bronze

Have you tried connecting the laptop to an external screen? if not ..give it a try

0 Kudos