Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 28th, 2017 02:00

Inspiron 5558 problem with Intel HD graphics 5500 driver

Hi,

I have problem with my Intel HD graphics 5500 driver.

Some days ago my display started to show distorted objects when I scrolled down, so I updated my driver to the latest Intel's one. The updated drive caused problem with starting my Windows 7 64 bit. The Windows did not start at all.

So I uninstalled the Intel's driver and install this one from your site, which is recommended for my device. My Intel HD graphics 5500 driver does not recognize your driver at all.

How can I resolve this issues? 

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

January 29th, 2017 18:00

Hi Galya,

I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the video card driver completely. Then install the drivers from Dell website as these drivers are tested on the Dell system. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the video card.

1.                   Open the charms bar by moving the mouse to right top corner of the screen and inthe search box, Start typing devmgmt.msc and then press enter.

2.                  Select the Display adapters listed and right click on it.

3.                  Now select properties.

4.                  In the properties window, under Driver tab, click on Uninstall button.

5.                  Check “Delete the driver software for this device.”

6.                  You want to delete the driver click OK.

After the uninstall finishes restart the system. Then reinstall the Intel video card driver on the system for issue resolution. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, select the OS, then download the video card drivers from Video section onto the system and install it.

http://dell.to/18r60nI

Please let me know if this helps.

7 Posts

January 30th, 2017 10:00

Thank you for your instructions!

I have tried these steps few days ago and they do not resolve the problem.

But I tried them again following your steps strictly. After installation of the driver from Dell site, the video card cannot recognize the driver, as I mentioned in the previous post above. Please check this screenshot.

Thank you in advance!

7 Posts

February 5th, 2017 07:00

Hi,

Since your suggestion does not resolve the problem, I installed a new fresh Windows 7 Professional. After that I installed the dell drivers through Dell System Detect. After restart, the system did not start again because of the Intell HD Graphics Driver. To start the system properly I have to disable the video controller or uninstall the driver in Safe mode.

Is there a known issue about the Intell HD Graphics driver?

If no, what could be the problem - hardware or software one, and how can be resolved?

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

February 7th, 2017 11:00

Galya, 

I would suggest you to install previous Dell version driver from the link : http://dell.to/2lnf7Dt

7 Posts

February 9th, 2017 11:00

Hi,

I installed the driver that you suggested but it does not fix the problem. After system restart the Windows does not load properly.

22 Posts

February 10th, 2017 03:00

give this a try,

Google 'DriverPackSolution' and use this to install the drivers. You only need to have internet connection.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

February 16th, 2017 11:00

Hi Galya,

Sorry for the delayed response. I would suggest you to follow the intial steps to uninstall the video card drivers from the device manager. Once the drivers are uninstalled. Please install Intel video card driver first and then install the Nvidia video card driver.

7 Posts

February 21st, 2017 09:00

Hi Ravi,

I did the same as you wrote but it does not help. After restart and on Windows start up the blue screen for hardware or software error is displayed and the system is restarted again. So the Windows cannot start at all.

22 Posts

February 21st, 2017 23:00

Have you tried connecting the laptop to an external screen? if not ..give it a try

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

February 23rd, 2017 12:00

Hi Galya,

It looks like an issue with the hardware components. Please private message us the system service tag along with registered owner's name and email address so that we can review your case to assist you. To send a private message, click on my name and send private message.

52 Posts

February 23rd, 2017 13:00

Galya ... I would like suggest you try this since you said you did a clean installation. Could you uninstall the video driver again and after wards reboot . Once up and running install the chipset driver, then reboot, again once but up and running try the graphic driver from dell and see if that helps . Oh yeah, you get the chipset driver from dell as well from the Motherboard list in the drivers section

7 Posts

March 12th, 2017 11:00

Hi Dude905,

Thank you for your message.

I have tried your suggested steps but unfortunately the problem is not fixed. The Windows cannot start normally again.

52 Posts

March 12th, 2017 13:00

I'm curious what is listed in your bios setting ? Do you have the hard drive first, if so? I would say your hard drive could be the problem . Are you using the original hard drive ? Also are you able to enter safe mode ? What happens when you turn on your system ? One last thing you do realize this laptop has 2 graphics drivers, intel & nVIDIA GeForce 920M Graphics Driver

7 Posts

March 13th, 2017 03:00

Hi,

Thank you for the support.

The Bios settings are the default one. I use the original hard drive. I am using this laptop for an year and all hardware is the original.

I am able to enter is Safe mode and to uninstall the intel graphic card, then reboot and Windows starts normally. But after installing the driver again the Windows stops working normally and cannot start - blue dump screen appears (Error Code: 0x00000116).

Yes, I realize that the laptop has 2 graphic cards, in Bios settings are set switchable graphics cards, but I cannot install the nVidia card without installing the intel card first.

52 Posts

March 13th, 2017 14:00

When you do a factory restore does the problem still occur ? Or is it only when you installed the latest Intel driver ? And instead of using the Intel driver from Dell,  have you try using the driver from Intel . Also, when you do install the driver try it under safe mode and see if that helps

No Events found!