DELL-Ravi Ch

RE: Inspiron 5558 problem with Intel HD graphics 5500 driver

Hi Galya,

It looks like an issue with the hardware components. Please private message us the system service tag along with registered owner's name and email address so that we can review your case to assist you. To send a private message, click on my name and send private message.

0 Kudos
Dude9O5
3 Silver

Galya ... I would like suggest you try this since you said you did a clean installation. Could you uninstall the video driver again and after wards reboot . Once up and running install the chipset driver, then reboot, again once but up and running try the graphic driver from dell and see if that helps . Oh yeah, you get the chipset driver from dell as well from the Motherboard list in the drivers section

0 Kudos
Galya
2 Bronze

Hi Dude905,

Thank you for your message.

I have tried your suggested steps but unfortunately the problem is not fixed. The Windows cannot start normally again.

0 Kudos
Dude9O5
3 Silver

I'm curious what is listed in your bios setting ? Do you have the hard drive first, if so? I would say your hard drive could be the problem . Are you using the original hard drive ? Also are you able to enter safe mode ? What happens when you turn on your system ? One last thing you do realize this laptop has 2 graphics drivers, intel & nVIDIA GeForce 920M Graphics Driver

0 Kudos
Galya
2 Bronze

Hi,

Thank you for the support.

The Bios settings are the default one. I use the original hard drive. I am using this laptop for an year and all hardware is the original.

I am able to enter is Safe mode and to uninstall the intel graphic card, then reboot and Windows starts normally. But after installing the driver again the Windows stops working normally and cannot start - blue dump screen appears (Error Code: 0x00000116).

Yes, I realize that the laptop has 2 graphic cards, in Bios settings are set switchable graphics cards, but I cannot install the nVidia card without installing the intel card first.

0 Kudos
Dude9O5
3 Silver

When you do a factory restore does the problem still occur ? Or is it only when you installed the latest Intel driver ? And instead of using the Intel driver from Dell,  have you try using the driver from Intel . Also, when you do install the driver try it under safe mode and see if that helps

0 Kudos