Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 19th, 2017 09:00

Inspiron 5559 Battery draining.

Hi, 

I have a dell Inspiron 5559 Core i7 6500U 2.5GHz laptop. I lost my dell original charger then I bought a charger from a local store. I'm from Sri Lanka and unfortunately there is no Dell Store here. So many local retailers are saying that "WE ARE THE OFFICIAL DELL PARTNERS" but I believe none of them are authorised dealers. The reason I said that is that's why I bought the charger from a local store.

That salesman ensure this is the correct charger for my system but after few weeks I realise my battery life is decreasing faster than before. Very recently I have replaced my Ram with Kingston HyperX 16GB kit. (8GB Ram came with the system) I noticed that battery draining was after this Ram replacement. I'm not sure which one is the reason for battery draining. But Dell Power Management application shows " Battery Status: fair" .

My Question is what should I do? As I said there is no original part distributor in Sri Lanka as far as I know. I have checked the Dell official website but it says they have been discontinued supplying the relevant battery module which is suits for my laptop.

1. Is there any way I can purchase a one in online?

2. Even if I bought a new battery would that charger will effect in a negative way for the new battery as well? 

Help me I'm lost

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

April 20th, 2017 09:00

In the meantime, I suggest changing the battery settings in the Dell Power Management application and see if that will help extend battery life. I'm assuming application look like the picture below:

• 

16.7K Posts

April 20th, 2017 06:00

piumalkulasekara,

You can click the link below for an official Dell Distributor in Sri Lanka

Dell Distributor

April 20th, 2017 07:00

Thank You so much.. But can explain the reason for my battery draining issue.. Is it the charger or RAM? 

PS: the distributor you pointed are not supplying any batteries or chargers. They do laptops and printers but in Accessories section they sell only dell toners 

April 20th, 2017 08:00

" But Dell Power Management application shows " Battery Status: fair" .. "

Please check the codes for Fair below:

@LSUFAN51 Thanks for your concern!

As i mentioned before in my original post Dell Power Management display the FAIR.. 4th raw as is it in your table.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

" But Dell Power Management application shows " Battery Status: fair" .. "

Please check the codes for Fair below:

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

Please check status of AC adapter in the BIOS. If adapter isn't detected in BIOS, the system will continue to received power but will not charge the battery. Please follow steps below:

1. Power off system.

2. Power on system, quickly start tapping F2 key continuously. You should be in the BIOS. The status of adapter usually listed under the main screen.

The adapter should say the adapter type, if it says 'Unknown' or 'None', then it's a issue with the adapter, and most likely needs to replace with a Dell genuine adapter that suitable for the system. Note: Wiggle the adapter's end while checking it in the BIOS.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

:emotion-2:

You have to check status of the AC adapter in the BIOS. Please follow steps above

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

Yes, correct. You don't need another adapter as it's showing the adapter's type - 65W). However, you do need to replace the battery as it's near the end of the lifecycle. The real problem for you is finding a genuine Dell battery overseas that suitable for the system.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

There's another way to get into the BIOS. Please follow steps in the link below;

How to access BIOS in Windows 10 (in Dell / Asus / HP etc ...

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

Here is a pic of BIOS setup. Guess I should not replace the charger.. Right? but what about the battery?

No Events found!