bundersuk
1 Copper

Inspiron 5759 black screen

Hi,

My inspiron 5759 turns on displays the dell logo and begins to load windows 10. I see the blue windows on the laptop screen and the dots circling underneath. After this point, before the login screen appears the laptop screen turns off and doesnt come back on. To see the login screen and windows after this point i have to connect the laptop to my TV via hdmi cable and press win key & P and press down once and enter. When I am in device manager the display adapter is Intel HD Graphics 520. If I disable the display adapter and restart, the laptop screen works even when win10 has fully loaded but i have reduced resolution. If i enable it at this point the screen goes off with the chime noise as if a device has been unplugged.

I have wiped the laptop twice now to try and resolve this, I have installed all the drivers from dell support page but nothing has worked. The driver version installed is 21.20.16.4590.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

RE: Inspiron 5759 black screen

Hi BUNDERSUK ,

Are you able to toggle the caps lock key?

Have you tried to remove external devices if any and checked?

Is there any beep codes or power button flash code which you can provide?

Please provide the BIOS version of your system by typing MSINFO32 in the run command.

Also, please click my DELL-username and write me a private message with the service tag and your Name for case records.

Let us know if you have any other queries

Dell-Vijay A
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
Dell Support Videos
Drivers and Downloads
Driver order

0 Kudos
bundersuk
1 Copper

Hi,

Yes, I can toggle the caps lock.

No, there are no beep codes.

BIOS ver - 1.2.8 8/02/2017

When the laptop is connected to my TV i can use it normally like browsing and use office.

bundersuk

0 Kudos
bundersuk
1 Copper

Anyone else having this problem, see alot of post online about black screens with intel hd graphics, but no solution has worked for me.

Maddog00769
1 Copper

I have the same problem. Did you find a solution. ?

0 Kudos
bundersuk
1 Copper

No I havent, u had any luck?

0 Kudos