msubobcats87
1 Copper

Inspiron 6000 display problems

I have an Inspiron 6000 and the display comes on for a couple of seconds then turns off.  If I close the laptop and open it back up, the screen will come on for a couple of seconds.  I have connected the laptop to a monitor and the cpu is working fine. I ran the diagnostic that it recommends on the support page and got the 3 beeps followed by 1-4-6.  That does not match any of the options on the diagnostic page.  Please help me if you know what my problem is. 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
17 Replies
Tommy Mac
1 Copper

Re: Inspiron 6000 display problems

I've got the same problem.  Help would be appreciated.

navsar
1 Copper

I have got the same problem.

Pl. help me in this regard.

Eranz3
1 Copper

What GPU you have? nVidia by any chance?

0 Kudos
vhall
2 Iron

First thing I would do is check the ribbon cable to the lcd.

0 Kudos
khkachn
1 Copper

Hi,

My sister has this problem on her 1501. The backlight goes off after a couple minutes and mostly closing the screen and then re-opening it will cause it to turn back on for a short while. It happens in setup, so it is not an OS or driver issue and I have updated to the latest BOIS. I can hook up an external monitor and that works fine.

I am trying to find out if this is a inverter card problem or something in the labtop screen and is it something I can buy and replace myself?

Ken

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
ame00
1 Copper

The same thing started to happen to me last week with my Inspiron 8600.  I've had the computer for 4 years.  Its nice to know I'm not the only one.

0 Kudos
rcalchera
1 Copper

I have the same laptop and the same problem.  I ran the diagnostic and got error code:  1000-0333 on the Graphics Test.  I my screen only stays on for about 5 or 6 seconds.  The external monitor works fine.  Hope someone who knows more about this can help.  I am not sure whether to get this repaired or buy a new one.  This computer is less than 3 years old.

Thanks,

Richard

0 Kudos
Randybig
1 Copper

My LCD won't come on at all and the external monitor works fine.  I get a 3-3-3 when I run diagnosis.  Anyone have any ideas?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Randybig
1 Copper

Just to let you know, I took mine to a local computer store.  There are 3 possible failure areas if you are getting the 3-3-3 or 3-3-4.  1.  The inverter is bad, can be replaced for $15 plus labor.  2.  The lamp is bad, can be replaced for $8 plus labor.  3. The monitor is bad, replacement cost $200 plus labor.  Labor is a minimum of $150 and could reach $400.  Labor is most expensive when replacing lamp.  Parts should be replaced in this order.  Estimated cost $500 to $600 dollars.  Best option buy a new machine.

0 Kudos