ashley08
1 Copper

Inspiron 6000 "Battery not Detected", but it still works??

I was working on my computer, running off of the battery....when, instead of the low battery flashing light, the orange light came on, and stayed on. I didn't think much about it, and plugged it in as usual. However, later, when I unplugged it, the orange light glowed continuously again. I checked the power meter, and it is showing that no battery is detected (though my computer is obviously still running on battery power, and staying on just fine). I took the battery out and put it back in...but that did not help anything. If I unplug the cord, as if to run off the battery...the AC power icon stays in the bottom right hand corner, and no battery appears. The orange light never has flashed, it just stays on constantly when the computer is not plugged in. Any ideas as to why this would be happening, or what I could do about it?? I hate to go buy a new battery when this one still appears to be working...

Thanks!

Ashley

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Heatherocity
1 Copper

Re: Inspiron 6000 "Battery not Detected", but it still works??

I am having the exact same problem! Same computer too. I know my battery is fine because it isn't that old, and when I hit the test button all the lights work. I cannot figure it out at all. It's driving me crazy! I was thinking it wasn't charging, but it's running just fine off the battery aside from the obnoxious orange light. It shows that i'm running on AC power even though i'm not. Weird. Let me know if you figure it out.
0 Kudos
imranjoya
1 Copper

Same issue friends. iam not gating low battery message too.
0 Kudos
PeglegTom
1 Copper

I have an Inspiron 6000 with a similar battery issue.  I just reinstalled XP Pro, applied all the SP's and now when I boot up I get a prompt to install a driver for "Batteries" (2 of them show up as unknown in Device Manager).  Problem is, I can't find any drivers for batteries.  I thought it might be a chipset issue, but I have installed the latest Intel chipset drivers for this laptop and still the problem persists.  I can't run a BIOS update because the systems thinks I don't have a battery plugged-in.  Has anyone else seen this?  If so, have you gotten it fixed and how?  Makes me wonder if it was a service pack that did this.
0 Kudos
Heatherocity
1 Copper

I finally ended up buying a new battery, it solved the problem. Guess the battery was just no good anymore.
0 Kudos