Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

2 Posts

November 18th, 2008 23:00

Inspiron 6400 with ATI X1400: External display blank

I have an Inspiron 6400 with an ATI Mobility Radeon X1400. Once upon a time, an external display worked fine, but now it does not. I not sure what happened between it working and now. It recognises that an external display is attached, but no image is displayed - it remains black. I've tried all the usual things, such as making sure the external display works on another laptop (and it does), trying another display, checking the settings in Catalyst Control Center, and in Dell QuickSet. I've also installed the latest drivers from the Dell support site (R128573.EXE) and checked the pins (visually) on the connector. No success. Any ideas or suggestions on how to solve this will be gratefully received.

In Catalyst Control Center, when I press the "Detect Displays" button, my external display is correctly detected and populated in the fields that follow.

Thanks.

1 Message

January 4th, 2009 03:00

Hello Everywhere,

do you have solved your problem now?

I have exactly the same problem and no solution for this. The external displays are recognised by my notebook, but nothing happend. I don't see anything on the external displays.

2 Posts

January 4th, 2009 05:00

Hello ViruSpider,

Unfortunately the problem is not solved.

I tried restoring my HDD back to the original Dell image that it shipped with, and this did not solve the problem. This leads me to believe that the problem is hardware related.

Regards,

E

No Events found!