Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

C

1 Message

December 27th, 2006 19:00

Inspiron 700m -Audio speakers

The speakers on the LCD panel of Inspiron 700m are working only when I bend the LCD screen very near to the keyboard, that means they are working only at very small inclined angle where I can't see the screen. Can anyone help me in fixing this.

Thanks

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

December 28th, 2006 01:00

There is a problem with the speaker wires breaking in the 700.

link

Here is another one that says Dell will fix this

link

This one has an address to write to:

link

This is a link provided by Red Dragon for contacting Dell to get this fixed at no charge:
dellcare outstanding issues

Jim

17 Posts

January 16th, 2007 00:00

I have sent the following to the Consumer Product Safety Commission about the broken speaker wires. I you are having the same problem you may want to do the same. www.cpsc.gov

I have a Dell Inspiron 700m laptop computer. The speakers are in the upper part of the computer with the display.  The wires to operate the speakers run through the hinge that connects the display portion of the computer with the lower (keyboard & motherboard) portion of the 700m. Through the flexing of opening and closing the case the wires have broken. These wires are in a position where they could touch the metal hinge and this would then electrify some external parts of the computer. I am concerned that this could cause electrical shock, or if the wires became shorted there may be a chance of fire. I am concerned that this is a safety hazard.

61 Posts

February 18th, 2009 12:00

so dell wont cover this anymore???

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

February 18th, 2009 14:00

They will cover it if you are still under warranty.

Most of my old links in this thread no longer work, but here is one to Luke Miller's pictures of how he fixed his wires himself.

http://www.lukemiller.org/journal/2006/06/broken-speaker-wires-on-dell-700m.html

61 Posts

February 20th, 2009 07:00

its ugly having them hang out such a design flaw disappoints me that dell wont cover it

No Events found!