Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

July 28th, 2014 16:00

Inspiron 7110 N (plugged and not charging) !

Hello I have 2 laptops Inspiron 7110 N lets name them laptop 1 and laptop 2, since 4 months (Maybe since I upgrade from Windows 8 to 8.1) the battery of Laptop 1 doesn’t always charge because of the AC power adapter, it appear “plugged and not charging” and in the BIOS it appear AC power “unknown”! But it’s an original adapter it came with the laptop; Today the battery of Laptop 2 after the upgrade from 8 to 8.1 but it charged after uninstall the AC power driver and the ACPI driver and then restart the pc. However, with Laptop 1 didn’t work and I tried this too: - I flashed the BIOS. - I disconnected the battery and then I plugged it. - If I used AC power of the Laptop 2 sometimes work! I need help! Note: the AC power is working fine the only problem is it doesn’t charge the battery and appear “unknown” on the BIOS.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

July 28th, 2014 16:00

If the AC adapter isn't recognized, the battery won't charge.  It's hard to tell what you've tried and what you haven't - if one adapter works on both systems, but the other won't work on either, the adapter is bad.  If one system won't work with either adapter, but the other system will, then it's the DC power jack or the mainboard in that system which is bad.

One of three things will cause this problem - a bad adapter, a bad DC jack or a bad mainboard.

No Events found!