I have the Inspiron 7347 for about 14 months. Everything works out fine until early this week, the system battery starts to indicate "0% available (Plugged In Not Charging)"
I go through this Forum, and all the Dell Support Assist Diagnostic Tools but still not successful in solving the problem.
This is what I have done:
1) In the Dell Product Support, Run the Diagnostic for Battery Plugged in but not charging. The last 2 steps of this diagnostic for running the diagnostic and sending report was not able to complete!! I tried for many hours and occasions and the diagnostic never get pass these last 2 procedures.
2) In the Dell Product Support, Install Drivers and downloads and update the BIOS. The BIOS shows that the Battery is working normally and the Adaptor indicated "W65".
3) In the Power Options, the Battery Health Check indicated that the Battery is performing normally.
4) In the "System Info" tab under the Dell Support Assist, I run a complete test on all the hardware and software and the test results indicated that everything including the Battery and the Adapter is functioning properly.
5) Check the Device Manager, expand the batteries option, check the Microsoft AC Adapter and Microsoft ACPI for any update of Software and Hardware Changes. The results show OK.
There is basically no test that is available on the Dell Support Assist that I can perform now except f0r 1) above which I am not able to complete.
What else could be the problem?
I have just experienced pretty much the identical situation.....
I've seen some people suggest a BIOS update is needed, but I can't update the BIOS unless the battery is charged to at least 10%, so I'm stuck again...