Lawgirlhouston
1 Copper

Inspiron 7352 laptop AC power adapter type cannot be determined

Jump to solution

Sometimes the message says connect a Dell 45w adapter or higher. That is what I use. It's the original adapter. I've also received a message to use a 35w adapter. Sometimes it tells me to press F1 if I want to continue anyway.

Any suggestions?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
8 Xenon

RE: Inspiron 7352 laptop AC power adapter type cannot be determined

Jump to solution

If they did not try it (and you haven't), replace the DC jack:

www.parts-people.com/index.php

That may well solve the problem.  If it does not, the mainboard is faulty and would need to be replaced.

The boards run in the $130-150 range depending on which CPU you have - if you can replace the board yourself, the repair won't be extremely expensive.  If you cannot, add another $75-100 for labor for a shop to replace the board.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
8 Xenon

Jump to solution

First thing to try is a new OEM Dell AC adapter.  If that doesn't solve the problem, replace the DC power jack:

And if that doesn't solve the problem, replace the mainboard.

Jump to solution

When are you seeing these AC adapter messages? On boot or in the operating system? How long have you had this PC?

0 Kudos
Lawgirlhouston
1 Copper

Jump to solution

This is happening when I power it on. I bought this laptop in August 2015 so it is out of warranty. It is not the power cord. So I was told it is likely the mother board at Micro Center. What would you suggest?

0 Kudos
8 Xenon

Jump to solution

If they did not try it (and you haven't), replace the DC jack:

That may well solve the problem.  If it does not, the mainboard is faulty and would need to be replaced.

The boards run in the $130-150 range depending on which CPU you have - if you can replace the board yourself, the repair won't be extremely expensive.  If you cannot, add another $75-100 for labor for a shop to replace the board.

0 Kudos
Lawgirlhouston
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Chris, Dell wants to charge $90 to send me an input jack to install myself which I have never done. They said it could still be the motherboard which would cost a minimum of $259. That just seems outrageous for a laptop that is a year and a half old.

0 Kudos
Lawgirlhouston
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thanks so much. I will try and do it myself.

0 Kudos