Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 6th, 2016 20:00

Inspiron 7353 (13 7000 Special Edition) Slow to wake from sleep

Hi all - quick question. I have a Inspiron 13 7000 special edition. So far, I love it. The only nit that I have with it is that frequently, when waking up from sleep - even if I just have the lid closed for 5 minutes - it takes about 30 seconds to 1 minute to wake from sleep.

It's pretty annoying and if anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

More info:

Latest BIOS installed

All drivers up to date using Dell's update utility.

All windows updates installed

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

May 8th, 2016 04:00

The Intel Management Engine Interface Driver Dell list is old... It and the one inbuilt to Windows 10 TH2 have this issue... Try to install the latest version from Intel:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25395/Intel-Management-Engine-Consumer-Driver-for-Intel-NUC

After installation, right click the start button and select Device Manger. Expand system devices and right click Intel Management Engine Interface. Select properties and then the driver tab. What version do you have installed?

If that fails to resolve your issue. Right click the start button and select power options. To the left select "choose what the power buttons do". Select "change settings that are currently unavailable". To the bottom Disable Fast Start-Up".

May 6th, 2016 21:00

Hi PierWithBeer

Thanks for writing to us.

Did the issue start recently?

Please go to advanced power settings and disable hybrid sleep option (if its on), save the changes and let us know how it goes.

Regards

May 7th, 2016 05:00

Hello,

No, the issue did not start recently. It has been an issue since I received my machine. Up until now, I have just been dealing with it. I checked under "power options" and hybrid sleep was disabled. I am using the "Dell" power plan.

Thanks

May 7th, 2016 20:00

Hi nice to hear from you, 

It could be that the machines is failing to go to sleep mode and taking long to resume may be because it is resuming from the hibernation file instead of RAM. the best way to check this out is , if the system is in in sleep mode, the power LED should be blinking and when you wake it up, you should not be seeing the HDD light turn on much.. 

Also does disabling the Deep sleep control in BIOS helps ??

Also to be on the safeside, can you please run diagnostics from the f12 menu and let us know the status. 

Regards

May 8th, 2016 07:00

I am using version 11.0.0.1166 , according to the device manager. I will install the new version and let you know. Thanks!

May 8th, 2016 16:00

This appears to have solved the problem - thank you so much for your help!

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

May 14th, 2016 03:00

Great, thanks for posting back to let me know. :)

No Events found!