I have an Inspiron 7537 purchased in June 2015. It’s always worked fine until a few days ago.
Now, when I try to start it, the keyboard lights, the drive spins, but after a few seconds it powers down and repeats over and over. The screen remains blank.
Reseated the battery, thought it might be the AC Adaptor, which I replaced, but the problem remains. (Is there some sort of key one should hit to reset after removing the battery??)
Any thoughts would be appreciated!
Welcome to our community. Please let us know,
1. Were there any hardware or software changes made post which the issue started?
2. Is there any specific error message before the computer shuts down or when you power on the computer?
3. Do you see the light on the keyboard and the power button when the computer shuts down automatically?
4. There might be a hardware failure which is causing the issue.
To isolate between hardware and software issues, please run through the diagnostics. You can click here to watch the video with the steps to complete the diagnostics.
Also, private message the service tag to check for more details. You can click here to watch the video with the steps to find the service tag. To send a private message, click on my name and select ‘Send private message’.
After much effort, it turned out to be the CMOS battery. Once I went through the disassembly process and replaced it, everything worked fine. Thanks for your help!
Thank you for confirming. We appreciate your efforts. If there are any other issues that need to be addressed in the future, please feel free to write to us.
Unfortunately, the problem came back after three days!
Tried another new CMOS battery, upgraded the BIOs and it worked perfectly - for another four days.
This morning, same problem. the keyboard lights, the drive spins, but after a few seconds it powers down and repeats over and over.
To answer your questions -
1. No Hardware/software changes
2. No specific error messages before or after
3. Keyboard light goes off when computer shuts down, then light again when it restarts.
4. If it's the MB or other HW failure, I don't see how it could work so robustly for days.