Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 18th, 2015 09:00

Inspiron 7548 4K screen - scaling issues

Hi, Hope this is the right place to post this...

So, today I received my new Inspiron 7548 with 4K screen.

Upon installing some programs from my previous laptop (Sony Vegas) they are completely unusable due to the icons being so small and just general scaling issues. No matter what settings I try (font sizes, resolution, scaling etc) I cannot get it in a usable format.

Any ideas? Wish i opted for the Full HD screen now...

Many thanks.

2 Posts

March 30th, 2015 03:00

Adding to this discussion, temporary workaround is to change resolution to 1920 x 1080 and use the "Make text and other items larger or smaller " option to set the text size, with this resolution, the applications apart from pre-installed  will work normally. But it looks like either third party or Microsoft has to come with the permanent solution. 

1 Message

February 23rd, 2015 06:00

I have the same problem. I study architecture and i use programs like sketchup and autocad and they dosen´t works in this screen. All the menus and the interface in general stays too small.. i already tried to change the resolution  of the screen but none of the resolutions stays good. I don´t know what to do, i think i will return the computer. Im very sad about it but i need one computer that runs these programs!

what will you do? i didn´t find any solutions... and i`ve already talked with dell´s support, seems like theres no solution..

5 Posts

February 23rd, 2015 06:00

It's a real shame as the screen is just so nice and clear. I  have not found a solution either so, I have requested a return on this one and will be ordering the standard 1080 HD version once the return has been authorised. Back to my five year old Latitude E5500 for now...

2 Posts

March 27th, 2015 08:00

Even I bought this laptop with the good reviews. But the application scaling seems to be big issue. I tried all all workarounds and contacted Microsoft support, it seems to be complex for them. Still yet to contact dell.

1 Message

March 30th, 2016 09:00

That doesn't work for some programs - like the Kindle Kids Publishing program or the Rescue me program used by technicians!  

The windows are TINY and font size less than 2 points.  Please help!!

No Events found!