Highlighted
Oaklandr
1 Copper

Inspiron 7559 + U2415 monitor: sudden appearance of a block of white square area on top left of monitor

I recently bought an Inspiron 7559 laptop and then decided to clone the HDD with a Sandisk 1TB SSD. I also added another 8GB main memory. I replaced the drive and the PC worked just fine.

After a few days, I quick formatted the HDD and put it back in as a Data D drive. The day I did that Dell upgraded my BIOS and on reboot soon after a square block of white area appeared on the top left quadrant of either of my screens, the laptop or the U2415 (also brand new.) If I move between the screens then the other does not show the anomaly.

If I right click on the task bar and bring the desktop up the block gets painted over/filled with the background. However if I start an app, say a browser the block re-appears. I did Dell diagnostics which passed all the components and then also diagnostics via the BIOS and that also did not show any problem. I decided against the longer diagnostic for now.

There does not seem to be any issues but it would be good to solve it...maybe something came loose when I opened the back and replaced the SSD or the HDD.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos