Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 2nd, 2017 10:00

Inspiron 7559 keeps random freezing after BIOs update 1.2.4

Hi there! So I've been experiencing random freezes up to now and I don't know what causes them, usually it happens after sleep mode, ibernate mode or just simply starting the machine. The weird thing is, it doesn't happen when I'm gaming or anything that requires a lot of memory. I have run a hardware diagnostic but every test passed. I also experienced this the first day i got it, but i ignored it thinking it was just because of updates. Now the freezes are back and it is much more recurrent. My laptop is only a few months old. I keep updating BIOS everytime i can and it seems that it works but after 1 day or 2 maximum it happens again.  

What i usually do is to hard reset every time this happens. Can anyone please give me a solution for this? 

I have Windows 10 Up to date, when it freezes up all the apps that i was using are closed as it nothing happened, i use my touchpad, and mouse, i dont have aditional hardware, i have Antivirus.

• 

16.7K Posts

August 2nd, 2017 10:00

Maryol,

Click the link below for information resolving system freezes and lockups.

Troubleshooting System Lock Ups or Freezes

Click the link below to view the information on resolving Windows 10 Freezing. It is not a Dell video but, it resolves issues with Win10 freezing.

Windows 10 freezes randomly! Fix

• 

16.7K Posts

August 7th, 2017 06:00

Maryol,

You do not need to keep updating the bios. If Windows 10 did an update uninstall it to see if that is causing the lockups. You may also want to restore the system to the factory image if the problem persist.

7 Posts

August 2nd, 2017 11:00

Thank you Jesse for quick response!

I will try that solutions and let you know this day!

7 Posts

August 3rd, 2017 10:00

Ok, i tried the first option, it didnt work. Then, upgrade windows 10 to later version and it finally worked! Thank you so much

7 Posts

August 3rd, 2017 15:00

It still freezes! :(

Any other option?

7 Posts

August 8th, 2017 13:00

Ok i just restore Windows to Factory image, all perfect till installed google Chrome, it crashed again,i uninstalled google Chrome and it seems that no more problem, i tried blocking computer, sleep mode, hibernate, everything and not a single problemm, it seems that google Chrome somehow causes that problem

No Events found!