Sinnimonbuns
1 Copper

Inspiron 7559 won't turn on or off?

I bought this laptop exactly one month ago, and I haven't had a single problem until today. I was in the middle of typing when my keyboard suddenly stopped working. I went to restart the driver, but nothing worked, so I decided to just shut down the computer and wait it out. The laptop started shutting down, with the screen off and everything, however after a while the fan was still gently going, indicating it was still on, and the light on the power button was still on as another indicator that it was STILL on. Holding down the power button doesn't shut the computer off no matter how long I press it, and it just won't turn off or on, as if it's stuck trying to turn off but can't completely. The keyboard is, I assume, still not working, so maybe the power button is also broken.

Windows 10 automatically updated about 4 days ago for me, but I hadn't had any problem with it. The laptop has been working perfectly until today. I desperately can't afford to lose my files, is there a way to fix this/has this happened before with a solution? I could try taking the battery out as well but I don't think I have the proper equipment to take out the torx screws around the battery.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
HYB
1 Copper

RE: Inspiron 7559 won't turn on or off?

Hi,

I had a similar problem, I removed the battery for approx. 5 minutes, and all was well.  I appreciate my reply is low tech, but give it a go.

0 Kudos