Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 25th, 2017 13:00

Inspiron 7566, Windows 7, Realtek ALC3246 issue

Recently I bought an Inspiron 7566 with preinstalled WIN10. Since some programs I'm using is too old for WIN10 I switched to WIN7 64bit. On WIN10 there was MAXX Audio program for managing audio settings. Now when I installed audio driver for WIN7 (Audio_Driver_16WW8_WN32_6.0.1.7904_A02.EXE) from Dell website which is provided for my system by the service tag there is no MAXX Audio program. I can find MAXX audio installation files, in the driver folder, but when I chose to install I get error: This software is not supported on the current device. What should I do? How can I get to manage audio settings now? is it possible to install MAXX audio somehow?

1 Attachment

7 Posts

March 11th, 2017 04:00

An update and a solution for such situation: use the older driver - Version 6.0.1.7885, A00 - provided in the dell website. Accidentally I came up to this idea and it worked. Now I have MAXX Audio Pro software running for managing sound settings, enhancing, etc.

Thank god I won't be needing that thing jimco posted. I don't have headphones at the moment since these are left at office, but I hope audio port will be working. Now I have fully operating laptop, at last.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

February 25th, 2017 18:00

Now when I installed audio driver for WIN7 (Audio_Driver_16WW8_WN32_6.0.1.7904_A02.EXE) from Dell website which is provided for my system by the service tag

Hello. It is true that Dell provides that driver for the Inspiron 7566, but it is a Windows 10 driver. Dell has released 2 versions of the Realtek driver for the Inspiron 7566, but both are for Win10.

is it possible to install MAXX audio somehow?

I don't know if it would help to install the version directly from the Realtek site and see if that affects the installer. If not, you could experiment with Win7 Realtek drivers from older Dell laptops and see if one of them will install.

1.Go to the Realtek downloads selection page. http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/
2. On the page click on "High Definition Audio Codecs".
3. Check "I accept" and then "next".
4. (optional) In the column named "Description" find the file named README and download it. That has the instructions for installing or updating.
5. In the column named "Description" select your operating system and whether it is 32bits or 64bits from the top 2 choices in the list.
6. In the column named "Download" click on one of the server names to download the driver.

7 Posts

March 1st, 2017 09:00

hi jimco,

I've done what you suggested, but that sadly didn't changed anything.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

March 2nd, 2017 06:00

The limitation seems to be that Windows 7 is not supported on your model.

Why do you want to have the MaxxAudio program? Perhaps there is some other software that will perform the tasks you require.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

March 2nd, 2017 06:00

The reason for using Maxx Audio was for the combined audio port.  The ability to turn off the pop up message is not available in that utility.

The Realtek Audio Manager in Win 7 should have the same capabilities and allow for the popups and additional music settings..  Look around that panel and click on everything.  Some of the settings options are a little hard to find.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

March 2nd, 2017 19:00

Saumart, another poster decided to answer for you, and said that you need MaxxAudio because your audio port will not work without it. Please let me know if that is the reason you are trying to install it.

7 Posts

March 3rd, 2017 11:00

I just wanted to have better sound, because without MAXX audio sound quality was very dull and plain. Comparing what was with windows10 and windows 7. Since it looks near to impossible to have OEM software I just found myself some 3rd party software doing the job. Maybe one day there will be update drivers provided, but for now...

Edit: By the way I just checked the audio port and yes it is not working, I cannot use headphones. 

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

March 3rd, 2017 17:00

There  is a system-wide equalizer that I was going to recommend, but looks like you found something.

About the combo port, I "think" that if you remove the Realtek driver and install the Windows native audio driver, that the jack will function normally and let the headphones work without the need for a popup selection.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

March 4th, 2017 04:00

Forgot to mention that if the native driver does not restore jack functionality, you can use a cheap usb audio jack, for when you want to use headphones or external speakers. A usb jack has its own audio hardware codecs and uses a native usb audio driver.

But note that the usb jack is not meant for a combo headset with 1 plug. It is designed for headphones (one plug), or traditional headsets (2 plugs).

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

March 13th, 2017 07:00

Glad using a driver from a different model worked.

Thank god I won't be needing that thing jimco posted.

Ha ha. Didn't mean to scare you with it. :emotion-5:

No Events found!