Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 22nd, 2015 06:00

Inspiron 7737 more issues

My six month old 7737 (for which nobody 'official' has ever replied about the non-functional touchscreen I've previously posted) is showing more signs of distress which I suspect are related to the original issue in that I set it up with an external monitor (not a problem) and then thought it would be a good idea to use a separate keyboard (which I've used on several other computers successfully) and what a surprise its an 'Unknown Device' no matter which of the USB ports I plugged it into.

Now the device manager tree has multiple failures for the touchscreen, mouse tranceiver and well i would say keyboard but it doesn't even know what it is.

Any suggestions on who to beat with a stick to get some response about how to get these problems fixed?

511 Posts

January 22nd, 2015 06:00

Contact Dell support and they should be able to set up a repair for your laptop.

108 Posts

January 22nd, 2015 08:00

Do I need to go the painful phone route or is there an electronic option for this?

511 Posts

January 22nd, 2015 11:00

You can start an online chat with them here: [View:channels.us.dell.com/.../cimlogin.aspx]

108 Posts

January 24th, 2015 12:00

It's all driver related, how have I come to that conclusion............I've installed the Windows 10 Technical Preview and my touch screen and USB ports are all fully functional again. Mircosoft/Dell/Intel get your *** Windows 8.1 Xhci drivers sorted out!!!

No Events found!