Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

July 15th, 2007 07:00

Inspiron 9400 Slow Keyboard Response

Hi there, My keyboard response has suddenly slowed dramatically.It's particularly bad when typing - there is an intermittent lag between keyboard strokes and appearance of the text on the screen. Backspace, up and down arrow function are also patchy. I've made no changes to cause this that I know of. Windows says my keyboard devices are working properly and my CPU usage appears not to be more the 40% at any stage. I do not use an optical mouse. I have windows XP home. Thanks for nay input, Cheers, Richard.

1 Message

August 1st, 2007 15:00

Hi! I've experienced the same problem with my Inspiron 9400.  It just started over the last two weeks.  I've run AD-Aware and Spybot several times and rerun my Norton Anti-virus.  I also cleaned up my temporary files and a lot of other simple changes, to no avail.  It doesn't appear to be related to an XP updaste, although I have recently installed a BIOS update (from Dell) and a Media Direct update (also Dell).

The keyboard has very slow and erratic response to typing. In Excel or Word there are significant delays just moving the cursor in a cell.

An office mate has an Inspiron 9400 with the same problem just starting.

August 9th, 2007 15:00

I see several posts about this problem but no real answers.

Right after I installed an update (from Dell) and a Media Direct update (also Dell) on my Inspiron 6400 I began having the same problem. Coincidence??

The keyboard is very slow and has erratic response to typing. There are significant delays (sometimes 5 -6 keystrokes) when typing in any program.

1 Message

September 8th, 2007 23:00

I was having the same erratic behavior on my brand new Vostro 1500.  Once I saw someone else's post that they ran into the problems after downloading an update Dell Media Direct, I tried uninstalling that to see what would happen.

GOOD NEWS!!!  Unistalling Dell Media Direct solved my slow keyboard response problems!!!! 

I was able to find an older copy of Cyberlink PowerDVD and loaded that to my computer for viewing DVD's, and am now again enjoying quick response time from my laptop keyboard!!!!

10 Posts

July 6th, 2010 07:00

richard, i have a inspiron 1505 and i removed media direct and the problem disappeared.

try it.

jim

No Events found!