gds1313
1 Copper

Re: Inspiron Duo and Sim card

I understood it perfectly... I'm saying, if it requires a WWAN card to be able to take a sim card, why wouldn't dell put one in or mention anything about it to me all the times I was on the phone with them.

Also, this is supposed to be a help forum... you being rude to people on here doesn't really help anyone, unless it makes YOU feel better about yourself, in which case, good for you.

I got my answer... and understood it just fine.  I was just sharing MY experience.  Thank you for your "feedback", and for doing your part to "help" all of us by trying to make us all feel stupid.

0 Kudos
ieee488
5 Iridium

I'm saying, if it requires a WWAN card to be able to take a sim card, why wouldn't dell put one in

Because Dell didn't want to.

I'm saying, if it requires a WWAN card to be able to take a sim card, why wouldn't dell mention anything about it to me all the times I was on the phone with them.

Because what you do on your own is none of Dell's problem. You purchased the Rogers SIM card, you talk to Rogers. Now, you pretend to know that you need the hardware. You change your story to make yourself look like you know what is going on, but don't. I'd bet Dell told you what is what and *you* wouldn't listen. Your mistake buying the Rogers SIM card. Not a Dell problem. PERIOD.

0 Kudos
gds1313
1 Copper

Actually the guy from Dell that I talked to every day for five days remotely accessed my computer and he still couldn't figure out why it wouldn't work... and he never mentioned anything about an WWAN anything... I learned about that from you.  I never pretended to know anything.  It was why I came on this forum to try to understand what was going on... and to get help... but jerks like you don't want to help anyone... they just like being jerks.  I will now be unsubscribing from this thread so that I don't have to waste any more of your time or waste any more of my time with people like you who just get satisfaction from treating others badly.  I would urge others who need help with their computer problems to get it elsewhere.  There is no need for anyone to go asking for help to EVER get a DUH from anyone.  Especially a jerk who clearly doesn't get it himself.  I never claimed to know everything... I actually didn't understand the problem at all, which was why I came to this thread in the first place.  Really sorry that I did.

0 Kudos
ieee488
5 Iridium

Actually the guy from Dell that I talked to every day for five days remotely accessed my computer and he still couldn't figure out why it wouldn't work... and he never mentioned anything about an WWAN anything... I learned about that from you.  I never pretended to know anything.  It was why I came on this forum to try to understand what was going on... and to get help... but jerks like you don't want to help anyone... they just like being jerks.  I will now be unsubscribing from this thread so that I don't have to waste any more of your time or waste any more of my time with people like you who just get satisfaction from treating others badly.  I would urge others who need help with their computer problems to get it elsewhere.  There is no need for anyone to go asking for help to EVER get a DUH from anyone.  Especially a jerk who clearly doesn't get it himself.  I never claimed to know everything... I actually didn't understand the problem at all, which was why I came to this thread in the first place.  Really sorry that I did.

If you came here looking for help, you would have read what transpired in the prior posts. Yet, you chose contribute to this thread by still blaming Dell for a problem not of its making.  You were lucky the Dell guy tried to help. Dell is under no obligation since it was for a SIM card that you purchased *elsewhere*.

0 Kudos
joCtorres
1 Copper

ok I've been reading the previous comments and I understand the problem I also buy this tabletpc and found that the manual specifies that the device has a sim slot but when you try to introduce, I found a piece of rubber that obstructs the passage. this is something I do not understand dell

joctorres ....
0 Kudos
mzd
1 Copper

I just got off the phone with tech support, and was told that until dell upgraded the software, the duo did not have the capability of using the simm card, and when and if they upgraded, I would have to upgrade my motherboard. It didn't make much sense to me, why would that slot be there? and why does the manaul show how to insert it? I think I will try call another time.

0 Kudos
tornosubto
1 Copper

DELL information is misleading !

They say that Inspiron duo has a SIM slot:

http://www.dell.com/it/p/inspiron-duo/pd.aspx?c=it&cs=itdhs1&l=it&s=dhs&~ck=mn

Ports, Slots & Chassis

• USB 2.0 (2) 
    Jack audio (1 uscita linea, 1 ingresso microfono) 
    Connettore per alimentatore CA

Accessibili dall'esterno
    (1) microfono
    (2) cuffie
    (1) slot per scheda SIM 
and in NOT TRUE !!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
HatingDell
1 Copper

You are right about this. They are misleading and will deny this and will tell you that YOU did not order the sim option and need to replace the motherboard that costs about $160. They will tell you that you had 21 days to figure that out and return the laptop. They will transfer you from one dept to the other and NONE of them will take the time to get some background on your case before calling you SO you have to repeat your story all over every time. I even dealt with a customer service supervisor from India who would not even pay attention to what I was saying and when I asked to be transferred to his supervisor...he hung up on me. My laptop has been in the depot for the last 15+ days. My advise is to keep fighting for what you were to receive originally....my issue is yet to be resolved.

0 Kudos
HatingDell
1 Copper

Read my post below and I also suggest you take screen shots of the posted tech specs and also let them know that you are never given the option to 'add' the sim card option when ordering. This will make them admit their mistake and give you a free replacement......they HAVE to.

0 Kudos
Minge
1 Copper

Totally agree, if someone went out and brought this machine, as someone on the forum has already indicated, for the soul purpose of slotting their SIM card neatly into the machine because they were told by Dell that they could, only to find that it cannot... physically (no reader/ hardware), then this person has been mis-sold the product and a full refund should be given regardless of the time expired. Don't waste your time/ money on the calls via India (appreciate the frustration) write to them officially with the info they NEED to hear, stick to the facts. Guidelines and assistance on how and what to say can be found at                            http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm apologies to the rest of the World but the link is UK based, your own countries might have a
similar watchdog that protects consumers. I'm really interested in the comment made by someone that said they had inserted the card but it wasn't recognised...... ....how was this done please? Because the slot is completely restricted on my machine. Either Dell need to provide a FREE upgrade (hardware installation) or give a FULL REFUND to those unhappy with what they were sold, which is open to abuse (through their own fault), as people that discovered that they didn't like the machine over a period of time could jump on the NO SIM SLOT band wagon, or Dell need to instigate a product recall. A company this size should know better, fobbing you off isn't an option, know your rights and read this article http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2003/jun/23/consumernews.howtocomplain

Good Luck....... we all have a common problem and are obviously here for a reason, so lets help each other out... not put each other down, there's so much more going on in the World to worry about, think of people like Conrad Murray and Smokin Joe Frazier..... it's not been a good week for men that deliver a killer jab! 🙂

0 Kudos