Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 25th, 2010 11:00

Inspiron E1505 Wireless not working.

I did a fresh install (XP Media Center 2005) on my Inspiron E1505 and installed the drivers on the cd that appeared to be for my system.

The Quickset WIFI catcher radio configuration window when opened from the icon on the taskbar is grayed out where I should be able to select the network.

The following items in hardware have the question mark and am not sure what drivers I need. Like I said I used the drivers cd and installed them in the correct order.

Base system devices    listed 3 times

network controller

The onboard lan is in hardware and working so network controller it is not refering to the onboard lan. 

any ideas on this?

Thanks

10 Posts

March 25th, 2010 12:00

Well, lets get you some drivers for those ones giving you problems in the device manager first.

The 3 Base System Devices is most likely a Ricoh Card Reader Install the media card reader driver from support.dell.com or by inserting the ResourceCD. If you are installing from the CD, choose Windows XP>System Devices>Ricoh R5C832 5-in-1 Card Reader.

And the network controller is the probably cause to the icon being greyed out as it is a wireless controller. Install the wireless driver from support.dell.com or by inserting the ResourceCD. If you are installing from the CD, choose Windows XP>Network Drivers>Dell Wireless 1390/1490 Mini-Card Driver or the Intel 3945 Mini-Card Wireless Driver.

Once you've installed those let me know how it goes!

2 Posts

March 25th, 2010 16:00

Thanks Kymanis

It's working.

No Events found!