Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 21st, 2010 19:00

Inspiron E1505 has decided to go black every time I turn it on....any advice appreciated...

I have had my Inspiron notebook for about 2 1/2 years with no problems what so ever, just updated it to windows 7, it worked better than before until one day it just decided that the screen was going to go black.  the computer still runs but there is no screen on.  It will flash for  a millisecond when I turn it on, but then it goes perfectly black.  The batter is fine I have looked at it several times, the lights are on and the computer is running.  It makes a little noise when it flashes on then goes black...anyone have any idea what might be cause such an issue?  I love and need my computer!!! I am a nanny and my income doesn't allow for expensive repairs and I'm sure the computer is old enough not to be under warranty...I am borrowing my bosses old one but I want my baby back...I love my dell...please help.

64 Posts

March 21st, 2010 20:00

:emotion-1:Try pressing the fn button and than the f8 button at the same time,you might have acidently switched it to the vga port on the back.other than that on boot up keep pressing f5 to enter safe mode and see if it will boot into windows,if it does than it looks like a video driver problem,if not sorry to say but the back light inside your screen is most likly shot.

March 22nd, 2010 17:00

If it is the backlight is that something that can be fixed relatively reasonably?  I am low on the cash these days paying off all my great loans etc. 

64 Posts

March 22nd, 2010 18:00

Sorry but that means you need a new lcd...:emotion-6:

No Events found!